Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

I quit smoking...and have not smoked for 20 yrs, 8 months and 7 days! =) Your turn!

(haha I had to really figure that out, it wasn't on the top of my mind)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ErikaRobin
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

That would be mine as well.  I quit after smoking for about 5-6 years and have been a smoke-free establishment for *counts on fingers* 13 years. 

Yay me.  :)

elle31106
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:09 PM
I was a nail biter. Nasty disgusting habit. Haven't bit my nails in about 25 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Quoting elle31106:

I was a nail biter. Nasty disgusting habit. Haven't bit my nails in about 25 years.

I have a boss who did that! Oh it was so hard to quit for her.

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Yea smoking Im glad i stopped for health reasons and not to be a hypocrite when i tell my kids not to smoke, but i do miss smoking sometimes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Quoting elle31106:

I have a boss who did that! Oh it was so hard to quit for her.

Last year Tiara got an infection on one of her toes from biting the nail...had to have anitbiotics, it was that bad!

so not only does she bite her fingernails, but toenails too...sooo gross and i have tried so many things to get her to stop...but she doesnt even realise when she is doing it, so how can she stop? the nasty tasting polish doesnt even deter her!

ROBIN-C
MOM TO:
DREW (7/92) AND TIARA (7/26)
ROBIN-C
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM

ugh...nothing yet @@! i need to stop smoking (not only for the health reasons and to set a good example for my kids, but damn the cost is ridiculous!)....and i need to quit my mountain dew habit (never had one til i went on anxiety medication that had a seditive in it and i couldnt function at work...changed the medication, but kept the mountain dew habit @@!) .

rkoloms
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Quoting LancesMom:

I quit smoking...and have not smoked for 20 yrs, 8 months and 7 days! =) Your turn!

(haha I had to really figure that out, it wasn't on the top of my mind)

Woohoo!! Greaf for you!!!

Robin in Chicago

rkoloms
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:01 AM

Quoting ROBIN-C:

Last year Tiara got an infection on one of her toes from biting the nail...had to have anitbiotics, it was that bad!

so not only does she bite her fingernails, but toenails too...sooo gross and i have tried so many things to get her to stop...but she doesnt even realise when she is doing it, so how can she stop? the nasty tasting polish doesnt even deter her!

Please, no nailpolish until she stops biting! Nailpolish is likely the most toxic substance in your home (I dont allow it in ours)

Robin in Chicago

CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I quit smoking 3 years and 4 months ago :)

ROBIN-C
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM

not me, but i am glad that currnetly Todd is NOT an active alcoholic....meaning he was an active alcoholic...he will always be an alcoholic, drinking or not...but currently he is NOT drinking!

it was a long hard road for about 10 years, i tired many tactics to get him to stop drinking...but i finally realised it wasnt my battle to fight and had to let him sink or swim by HIS choice...it was very hard to remove it from being my issue...my job to fix him....but i did and he finally realised that i was done dealing with it and if he wanted his family intact he had no other choice but to stop drinking! i never thought i would get to the day where i didnt think about him drinking! but now days...weeks go by without it crossing my mind! i dont know if my guard will ever be completly down...i am always worried about how he will chose to react to bad news etc...but for now we just take it a day at a time! i am proud of him for not drinking now....i know how hard it is for him, well as much as i can understand not being an alcoholic, not even a drinker , myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)