Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing schools....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, so my son is starting the 4th grade today at a new school and I am stressing out like you would not believe...lol. We left his old school because every year his coats/sweatshirts were being stolen, and he one day threw his brand new hat on the roof (his fault I know) and he saw the janitor go get it and was told by the janitor it would be in the office, well it wasn't.

So I know you never stop worrying about your kids and I'm sure he'll be fine but you just want your child to have friends. I know others have gone through similar situations, but how did you deal with it? My son even tells me he's going to be fine...lol.

Thanks for any uplifting thoughts!!!!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hepmommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Kids are a lot more resilient that we as adults are.  He will adjust and do just fine.  : )

our3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

We've moved 2 times to differetn school district since DD stated school. She's now in 3rd grade and she shows no signs of being traumatized from it. We first moved in KG, then in 1st, and we will be moving again this year out of state. If he said he;ll be fine then let it be. If he wants to talk about it let him. I moved when I was in 3rd grade and was fine as well. Its just another one of those things kids get thru.

amzbrznjz
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I just went through this last week.  I took my 5th and 2nd grader out of the public school and placed them in a Catholic school.  My DS the second grader, made friends right away. ( we all gather in the gym for Prayer service) but I noticed my DD the 5th grader looked like she wanted to cry, so I wanted to cry.  I walked over to her and asked if she was ok, she shrugged her shoulders, I went to kiss her goodbyem she waved me away and kissed her 2 year old brother instead...when she came home, she was excited and happy, she loved the school and made lots of friends...