Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sports

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM
  • 23 Replies

Do your kids play any sports?

When did they start?

What do they play?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momkaribg
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:29 PM
My 6yr old son just started playing football about 2wks ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sstengel
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:33 PM

my 6 and 5 yr old DD's will both start basketball in a few weeks.. And they also play tball!  I tried to get them to take dance but they said no haha:)

M4LG5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM

DD1 plays softball and soccer.  She wants to play all the sports.  We started her at 3 with indoor soccer and tee ball.  I think 4 or 5 is a better age to start.

DD2 & DD3 (twins) are 4 and want to play the sports DD1 plays.  So we'll start them in tee ball this spring.  DD2 wants to play tennis also.  DD3 says she wants to play football, soccer, golf, baseball..."evweding"

texasmom1800
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM

He started at age 4 t-ball he's 8 now and plays football, soccerr and baseball.

huedoll26
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:37 PM

my 7yr dd is in bmx year-round...she's racing against boys mostly and shes trying to get to the nationals this year.  she can do it!

she does softball and loves it! no idea where the hand-eye coordination came from...NOT ME or her dad LOL

we also signed her up for soccer at the y, i like it because its not competitive (even though she's naturally competitive), its good exercise, and good practice for next year when she will have to decide which competitive team she wants to join.

her swimming/high dive is year round too (shes not on a team)

my baby keeps me BUSY

JohnnySophiamom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM

My son Johnny (7) is playing soccer and baseball. He also does karate.

My daughter Sophia (4) does ballet and tap.

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:52 PM

My oldest DS(6)- played soccer when he was 3&4. Basketball when he was 4. T-ball at 4 and has played since. Wrestled last year at age 5 and will wrestle again this year. He started football this year and love it too. He is very athletic:)

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Yup, my 11 yo son plays sports almost year round.  He just started his 6 week break for the year this week.

His hockey season starts mid-October and runs to end of February.  Does spring league hockey in March and April.  Does soccer from May to July.  Then does hockey lessons July and August.

EDIT - We started having my son try different team sports at the age of 5.  He's suck with hockey and soccer.  Never tried football.  Basketball is the same season as hockey, and so he's never done that either.  Didn't care for baseball.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Quoting recey2007:

Do your kids play any sports? yes

When did they start? he was 5 but he had to miss a few year because of a broken femer in his left leg

What do they play?teeball

dullscissors
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:28 PM

not yet. we just signed up for fall/spring soccer..not saying he's gonna love it, but we wanted him to start a team activity somewhere, and soccer was the first to come up. (we just moved to this town two months ago.) he's 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)