Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AHHH

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok my son is 5 will be 6 in April and he says that he wants to play sports like Wresaling and Tball but when I got him into Karate last year he would not do anything all he did was cry!!!

What should I do

Try it again?

I am the type of person if you start something you will finish but when he was in karate he cryed and stopped them from going on!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goldbug
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I would pick 1 sport and the one with the shortest season so if he hates it he can still finish the season.

our3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Maybe he only wanted to do wrestling or t-ball and not Karate. I would stick with makin him finnish which ever he chooses. I fully beleive kids needs to understand commitment and resposibility. My DD wanted to try soccer, she ended up not liking it but we still went to every practice and every game. She just learned it wasnt her thing and she wouldnt be doing it the next year .

Brianne036
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:36 PM
Well. :). He was 5. I'd give him another shot. Or try a shorter commitment or one with less of an investment.
Either way. Even if it doesn't pan out this yr don't give up in the future. He's still young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itfitzus
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM

My son started tball at age 3 and although he begged to play and did okay at pratice. He was terribly shy at the games and cried and begged not have to go on the field. I made him stick it out though. This year he loved it and never whimpered once. He is now signed up for soccer.

jaderica
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I agree with the other ladies- he's young, so stick with your rules about sticking to what he chooses and let him try again.

-Jaderica

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:42 PM

My son tried soccer at 5, and it didn't go so great.  But he still had some interest and so we tried another league when he was a little older, and it went great.  At that age, it takes some time for them to figure out what sports they're interested in.  Maybe let him choose one to start with, and explain that he has to fiinish the whole season before you sign him up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)