Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you plan to do for yourself to celebrate the new school year?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm still not sure but I'm curious to hear what everyone else is doing!  This is just for fun!!  It could be starting a new class, organizing the garage, exercising, changing around the family room...whatever!!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmissmommy558
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM

my neighbors and I meet outside every morn for coffee so we decided the first day of school we are all 3 quiting smoking, working on out home base business idea that day oh and bumping from coffee to a hot taddy that morning LOL

our3
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Sorry, I dont celebrate by buying things, just cant justify it in my house. I just enjoy the peace and quite. With DD home, its constant arguing from the kids, with her at school, the 2 little ones mind their own businesses.

goldbug
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM

The first day of school, my son and I went and finished christmas shopping (clearance:) ) and then came home and took a nap.

itfitzus
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I enjoyed a empty house for the first time in 6yrs. No fighting, no crying, no he pushed me, he looked at me, and well you get the picture. I celebrate everyday with having a house the stays clean all day. Oh my god it is the most wonderful part.

justme00
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I dont understand why you would celebrate being with out your kids all day??  I guess I enjoy mine to much.LOL A empty house makes me sad, I love the sound of them running around playing and the sounds of them learning.

cozyhat
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Quoting justme00:

I dont understand why you would celebrate being with out your kids all day??  I guess I enjoy mine to much.LOL A empty house makes me sad, I love the sound of them running around playing and the sounds of them learning.

I am an introvert...and a husband that's gone 3 whole days a week if not more.  My youngest will only be doing a half day of kindergarten.  My 2 daughters get along really well and I love how they play together.  I will be very sad when they are at school.  Sometimes I just need a little bit of quiet during the day rather than at the end of the day when they are asleep....*sigh*  We all need that.  Many people consider the start of the school year to be the same as turning over a new leaf.  The children get to learn new things in school and we get to do new things, too.  It doesn't mean I don't enjoy my kids...my Mom passed away when I was 7.  My kids are my life and I am so blessed that DH has let me be a SAHM.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I work full time outside of the home, and so I usually have less free time when school starts.  I try to get all of those kids of projects done over the summer when we all have more down time.

kcook55
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Quoting itfitzus:

I enjoyed a empty house for the first time in 6yrs. No fighting, no crying, no he pushed me, he looked at me, and well you get the picture. I celebrate everyday with having a house the stays clean all day. Oh my god it is the most wonderful part.

lol my 2 1/2 yr old says that alot. and since my son is at school she will say momma nana looked at me lol. we and dd and my mom went out her a early lunch and went shopping on the first day of school

natesmom1228
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I don't know. I haven't thought about it, to be honest. I doubt anything. It will be a normal cleaning day without him home.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:11 PM

On the first day of school I enjoyed my freedom for the kids by volunteering at school.  Now please, tell me that I'm not insane! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)