Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is gone :(

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM
  • 31 Replies

Drew is officially in the Army...swore in today and has landed safely in Georgia!

to keep this a light hearted post, I am posting a few fun pictures from the last few days:

Drew kissing his beloved computer goodbye,lol!:

the last hour we had at home Drew and I played Wii "Just Dance" (a game where the dance moves are on the tv screen and you try to perform them,lol!) just to relieve the stress and have some laughs!:

Tiara and Drew with the "Who do I admire?" report she wrote about him at school:

the report:

Drew pretending to have changed his mind and want out of the transport van,lol!:

first hug from my Army private (after he swore in), but last hug til I see him again :( ...

of course leaving him was hard...ya start to walk away, but your feet feel like lead! we said our goodbyes and Drew went into the room with the others who had just sworn in and he sat down...I went to the doorway and yelled "HEY DREW!"  and made huge kissy lips at him in front of all the other guys..he just laughed and blushed a little and I said "LOVE YOU!"  and walked away...so the last image in my head of him is of him laughing at me being silly with him!!! that image of him laughing is what is getting me through today!

thank goodness we have been able to text back and forth all day...that is helping make the adjustment gradual!

he just texted me saying that a lady at the airport came up to them (8 army guys) and handed them 3 bags of snack foods and simply said "God Bless all of you!" and walked away.....that made me cry!

earlier today Tiara was talking about what she wanted each of us to be for halloween, including Drew and we had to remind her that Drew wont be home for halloween :(

its been a good day overall...just starting to adjust...it will be ok...thanks for letting me share with you all!

ROBIN-C
MOM TO:
DREW (7/92) AND TIARA (7/26)
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jclovinlife
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:53 PM
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kentucky_girl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:09 PM

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

jellis
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Aww! Wonderful Pictures!

Bug Hugs mama!!

615amy09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM
I remember when my brothers left for the army....sad day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
semazani
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Bless your son and his service to our country!

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:15 PM

group hug

luvmy4kidsinAL
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Awww, sounds like you had a really nice time together.

Beth Bentley, mom to four, two teens and two younger ones, always an exciting day in our home :) Looking forward to meeting other Mom's so stop by and say HI!!!

katzmeow726
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:18 PM

*hugs*.  BY the way, I love the "escape" picture.  If both of y'all keep up your sense of humor like that, you can make it through this!

ROBIN-C
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:13 PM

thanks ladies...we havent heard from him for about 5 hours now, so i guess we have reached the no communication stage :(

laughing with him is what has gotten me through the past few days... that is what i miss the most! the house is too quiet :(

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I am getting a little teary eyed for you Robin. hugging  Drew is a brave young man and I am very proud of him, even though I don't know him.  Use all the laughter and fun that you had the last few days to get you through these long weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)