Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The trouble has already begun...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

Today was my son's second day of Kindergarten. In the three hours he was at school, he ran away twice (out of the classroom). Already his teacher is saying next time he will be sent to the principal's office. I am wondering how long it will take before he is suspended or expelled. *sigh* Soes anyone have any suggestions for a child who is having a hard time adjusting to school?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AmyG1976
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:50 PM

what ?!well why is he leaving he is new to school. maybe someone there should talk to him maybe he dont understand the rules. did he need to go to the bathroom or get a drink and just not get he cant just leave the room.  just threating him with a scary office person or sending him home wont help :( idk I would have a talk with the teacher and try to help ur son understand

kcook55
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:53 PM

i think my son is having a hard time adjusting he dont seem like he wants to go to school anymore. he got in trouble yesterday for pushing a boy that pushed him first but of course the teacher didn't see that. my son has never been a hitter before he started. i talked to his teacher this morning (i send a note about kids hitting him) and she trying to make it out like it's all my sons fault. he told me over the weekend a girl in his class hit him and she said she would speak to the girl not counting on it tho.

justme00
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:00 PM

you should ask him why he dont want to be there?

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I think you need to have a meeting with the teacher if you haven't already.  Or maybe you could observe the classroom.  I think you need to understand what the rules are and see if those rules have been clearly explained to your son.  You need to know what the classroom behavior system is, and find out if that system works for your son.  Discuss a plan with the teacher how to move forward and communicate with each other to make sure the plan is working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)