Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel about this? (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

In an email to the teacher, I volunteered to collect and count the Box Tops for Anny's class (since i'm already the Box Tops Coordinator for the school).  I even attached the flyer and collection sheet the kids can use.  In the same email I also added a personal request with our individual contact information on it (i don't mind....I don't know about DH yet):

Also, Annelise tends to be very good (behavior) at school but at any time there is something that needs my attention, feel free to email me or call me (or my husband).  We value respect and good behavior and we just want to make sure she is doing her part to learn.

Do you think it was intentional to keep this part of the the email to show other parents? Do you think she was being mindful of our information and personal request?

How would you feel if she did this?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Was the red part forwarded in an email to the other parents or put in the flier?

Honestly, it was probably a mistake.  I see common communication mistakes all the time in the work place.  I've been know to do them myself.  At least the personal information wasn't that bad.  I would expect most caring parents to communicate that same information to the teacher.  I say pretty much the same thing at the start of the year to every single one of my son's teachers.

AmyG1976
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM

she should not of sent that part out, but she prob did not mean too though hit print busy it happens

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Was the red part forwarded in an email to the other parents or put in the flier?

Honestly, it was probably a mistake.  I see common communication mistakes all the time in the work place.  I've been know to do them myself.  At least the personal information wasn't that bad.  I would expect most caring parents to communicate that same information to the teacher.  I say pretty much the same thing at the start of the year to every single one of my son's teachers.

It was forwarded in the email.  The email i sent to her was just giving her flyers that she can post to her website and then I inquired if she had a group email that I can forward it to the parents but she took it upon herself to forward it. 

I'm okay with it but I just wanted her to be aware that it happened and to make sure it didn't happen again.

I just basically told her that I apologize for putting it together on the same email but will try to separate it so that if she forwards emails to other parents she wouldn't have to delete anything but, in the case that I did can she please delete that part. 

Trying not to make it a big deal...know what i mean?

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:00 PM

It was most likely an honest mistake.  I'm sure she's feels bad about it.  I try to only have 1 subject per email to anyone, that way if they do forward it, I'm not upset over something private being forwarded by accident.

Barabell
by Barbara on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

It was forwarded in the email.  The email i sent to her was just giving her flyers that she can post to her website and then I inquired if she had a group email that I can forward it to the parents but she took it upon herself to forward it. 

I'm okay with it but I just wanted her to be aware that it happened and to make sure it didn't happen again.

I just basically told her that I apologize for putting it together on the same email but will try to separate it so that if she forwards emails to other parents she wouldn't have to delete anything but, in the case that I did can she please delete that part. 

Trying not to make it a big deal...know what i mean?

I agree that mentioning something to her isn't a bad idea, just so she might think about it before forwarding an email that could have been more embarrassing of a situation.  It's just hard sometimes because I know I wouldn't be offened if someone said something to me like that, but some people are more sensative or take minor suggestions in the wrong way.  I hope it gets straightened out :)

pt33333
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I'm sure she just wasn't thinking about that part of it, just wanted to forward along the Box Top information.  Yes, she should have deleted that part out before sending, but A LOT of people just forward stuff without thinking about everything in the message they're sending.

In the future, I would separate any personal inquiries like that from any other information to avoid this situation.

momkaribg
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Quoting pt33333:

I'm sure she just wasn't thinking about that part of it, just wanted to forward along the Box Top information.  Yes, she should have deleted that part out before sending, but A LOT of people just forward stuff without thinking about everything in the message they're sending.

In the future, I would separate any personal inquiries like that from any other information to avoid this situation.

I agree with this

riotgrrl
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I would feel like I should have sent a separate email about the box tops issue. It was probably just a mistake. Next time, send subject specific emails so that unrelated personal info doesn't end up getting passed aroud.

IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I agree!

Quoting pt33333:

soymujer
by Mikki on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:19 PM

Quoting pt33333:

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)