• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me a little about YOU!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

We are always talking about our kids. How about we take some time to answer a few questions about yourself. (feel free to skip any you don't wanna answer.)

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?
  • What type of pets do you have?
  • What is your favorite color?
  • What is most memorable about your high school years?
  • What word describes you best?
  • What is your greatest accomplishment?
  • What drives you every day?
  • What is your favorite food?
  • Where do you want to retire?
  • What is your business goal this year?
  • Where do you like to vacation?
  • Who do you admire?
  • What is your mission?
  • If you were invisible, where would you go?
  • What traits in others are you attracted to?
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
  • How do you want to be remembered?
  • What would you do with a million dollars?
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
  • by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    jcsmummy
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? tom cruise

• What type of pets do you have? just an ornery old cat right now
  • What is your favorite color? purple
  • What is most memorable about your high school years? i met my husband there
  • What word describes you best? ...'spirited'
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? my children, they are masterpieces in the making
  • What drives you every day? my kids & husband, i do everything for them.
  • What is your favorite food?hmmmm... cheesecake
  • Where do you want to retire? callan, ireland
  • What is your business goal this year? i'm set in my job, just got a new position. helping my husband develop his business.
  • Where do you like to vacation? anywhere rainy or snowy. i love bad weather, i hate summer.
  • Who do you admire?my sister, who is 13 months older than i, and  gandhi
  • If you were invisible, where would you go? to an empty house, i don't care whose, so i could bathe and nap in peace.
  • What traits in others are you attracted to?compassion, strength of mind, integrity, honesty.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? i cannot name one in particular, we are very blessed to be given so much.
  • How do you want to be remembered? as somebody who stood up for what they believed, no matter the cost.
  • What would you do with a million dollars? save 1/2, split 1/2 between 3 charities. march of dimes, heart and stroke foundation and  cystic fibrosis foundation.
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why? i don't know. do i have to choose one person? would i be stranded with little in the way of supplies?
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? compassion, and using the gifts we are given to better the lives of ourselves and others.
  •  

Malisadamom
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:31 AM
  • What is your favorite color?
  • Purple!!
  • What is most memorable about your high school years?
  • Losing 60lbs.
  • What word describes you best?
  • Loud, funny,and cool.
  • What is your greatest accomplishment?
  • My children.
  • What drives you every day?
  • My kids.
  • What is your favorite food?
  • Anything Mexican,and anything Italian.
  • Where do you want to retire?
  • L.A. Or N.Y.
  • What is your business goal this year?
  • To get out of my current job.
  • Where do you like to vacation?
  • LAs Vegas.
  • Who do you admire?
  • My Mother, and Jackie Chan.
  • What is your mission?
  • To finish school so I can provide a better life for my family.
  • If you were invisible, where would you go?
  • To the bank.:) Outlet stores.
  • What traits in others are you attracted to?
  • Sense of humor.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?
  • Paid my rent.
  • How do you want to be remembered?
  • As a funny girl who loved life and her family.
  • What would you do with a million dollars?
  • Get my parent out of the apartment building they have lived in for 30 years, get them a car. Then I would help my other family members. I would give some to charity, local and overseas. Then I would pay off my student loans, and clean up my credit, get as house and open a bank account for my kids.
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why?My brothers because we can talk about everything.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?About eating disorders amongst teenagers. I was there, and I had no one to talk to about it.
    outstandingLove
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Quoting kmrtigger:

We are always talking about our kids. How about we take some time to answer a few questions about yourself. (feel free to skip any you don't wanna answer.)

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Celebrity? I don't think i even knew what that was! too busy playing!
  • What type of pets do you have? I have one cat.
  • What is your favorite color? Purple and Green.
  • What word describes you best? Outstanding
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? Difficult to explain. but basically, my greatest accomplishment is still in the workings. 23yr old mom, no bio children. 1 adopted son 1 stepson (with his bio mom being a deadbeat). DH overseas. going to school part time. etc.
  • What drives you every day? I'm not sure. I'd like to say it's my kids. But i was driven before i married into motherhood.
  • What is your favorite food? Nachos!
  • Where do you want to retire? Haven't thought about that yet.
  • What is your business goal this year? Get my degree and certificates.
  • Where do you like to vacation? Idk. never really vacationed much. unless camping counts.
  • Who do you admire? My mom (RIP Nancy Shedd)
  • What is your mission? To raise successful, happy, healthy members of society.
  • What traits in others are you attracted to? Persistence, kindness, intelligence.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? Accepted my little brother as his son without any questions or hesitation. (my DH and i are adopting my little brother)
  • How do you want to be remembered? As a compassionate person (still working on this).
  • What would you do with a million dollars? Buy a house or two ...or three. (investments)
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why? My husband and children. Because they are my world.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? It's about religious tolerance. Or vaccines. Or natural childbirth. Or the benefits of non conventional medicines. Or ...well, you get the idea.

• (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination. I'm an alternative healing, less extreme AP, non-vaccinating, spiritually open minded, crunchy, scrapbooking, Pagan, mom to two unique little boys and a loving wife to my outstanding Army soldier. 

NearSeattleMom
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:09 AM

I did not really have a favorite celebrity as a child.
    We have three cats.  They are hideous and malformed.
    My favorite color is purple.

My high school years were not really memorable.  I was a straight A student, very busy volunteering, babysitting and working.
    The word that describes me best would be busy.

My greatest accomplishment is raising decent children.
    What drives me everyday?  The sense of responsibility I have.
    My favorite food is pizza.

I'd love to retire on the Oregon coast.
    My business goal this year is to . . . huh.  Do good work.
    I like to vacation at the beach.

I admire my husband.

My mission is to live my life as fully as possible.

If I were invisible, I would go to high school and junior high to spy on kids.

I am attracted to funny people.
    The kindest thing anyone has done for me . . . ?  I don't know.

I want to be remembered as very very very old.  And nice.

With a million dollars I would pay off debt/mortgage and invest.  Then shop and go on vacation.

I'd like to be in an island with Jeff Probst, winning Survivor. Or my husband and Bear Grylls.  My husband for company and Bear Grylls to keep us alive.

10 minute speech at high school would be about why sex should be only after marriage.  :)

Mommy2Raina
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:40 AM

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Probably Madonna or Cyndi Lauper
  • What type of pets do you have? Two big mutts. The male is name Osiris and the Female is Isis.
  • What is your favorite color? Purple
  • What is most memorable about your high school years? I went to High School In both the Netherlands and England. That made it pretty memorable but also I met my husband in England. Though we were just best friends then.
  • What word describes you best? Outgoing
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? My girls
  • What drives you every day? Again, my girls and the need to make a good life for them.
  • What is your favorite food? Seafood
  • Where do you want to retire? Not sure. Somewhere pretty with decent weather and a low crime rate.
  • Where do you like to vacation? Vacation? What is this thing you talk of?
  • Who do you admire? Every strong mother out there
  • What traits in others are you attracted to? Being a decent and excepting person. And a sense of humor doesn't hurt.  :)
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? My mom's friend who i'd only met once threw me a big baby shower with my first daughter. I knew noone here except my mom and she got a bunch of her friends to come and they all brought gifts. These were complete strangers to me and helped me out so much.
  • How do you want to be remembered? As being a decent person, a good wife, a great mom and a wonderful friend with a wacky sense of humor.
  • What would you do with a million dollars? Move out of here, get a slightly bigger house with a little land. Set money aside for my girls for college and pay off some small debts.
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why? My husband because it would be the first real vacation for us and probably the last for awhile.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?  Tolerance towards people. Excepting others for their differences. 
    Cindy18
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:56 AM

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Jack Wagner
  • What type of pets do you have? 2 dogs, 1 rat, 1 goldfish, 1 turtle, 2 African frogs.
  • What is your favorite color? Purple and Blue
  • What is most memorable about your high school years? My friends. I had a great group of friends and we had so much fun in high school.
  • What word describes you best? Mom, Caregiver.
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? My kids. We have had some hard times but I'm very proud of the way my kids are turning out! I have senior in High School and she is a pretty cool person.
  • What drives you every day? My kids.
  • What is your favorite food? Crab legs
  • Where do you want to retire?Hawaii!! LOL. Realistically, Probably Ann Arbor.
  • What is your business goal this year? To get through the cancer treatment and get back to a normal life!
  • Where do you like to vacation? Hawaii!!!
  • Who do you admire? Anyone who has gotten through what I'm going through now.
  • What is your mission? Mission? To make a comfortable life for me and my family.
  • If you were invisible, where would you go? This is petty but back to my old work and see how things are going without me.
  • What traits in others are you attracted to? Honesty. Empathy. Sense of Humor.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? Wow. This last nigh 5 months, I've had so much help from family and friends it's too hard to pick.
  • How do you want to be remembered? As a good mom, caring human and someone who tried to make a difference in at least one person's life.
  • What would you do with a million dollars? Get a house!!!!!
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? My SO Why? Because he is the love of my life and I can't imagine life without him.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? I'm sure I had a few speeches in school but I have no idea what they are about.

• Cindy

jen2150
    by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? I didn't really have one.  unless you count She-ra.
  • What type of pets do you have? Chickens, ducks, peacocks, guineas, cats and soon to be a Bengal cat.
  • What is your favorite color? Green
  • What is most memorable about your high school years? Hiding playing cards in my typewriter so we could play poker.  (It was a christian boarding academy)  Other than that one dumb rule I loved going there.
  • What word describes you best? busy
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? My children
  • What drives you every day? My family and serving my creator
  • What is your favorite food? Cheesecake
  • Where do you want to retire? A tropical Island
  • What is your business goal this year?  To finish my chicken coops so I can start selling more chickens and chicks.
  • Where do you like to vacation? Anywhere out west
  • Who do you admire?  Our fore fathers.  Washington, Madison, Jefferson.  Men who fought against tyranny and put their lives on the line.  Really anyone who stands up and puts their lives on the line for the defense of others.  
  • What is your mission? To protect my family, raise and educate my boys to be good upstanding men and to always follow their dreams.
  • If you were invisible, where would you go?  My boys bedroom,  To see what they were up to and to give them a little scare when it wore off. 
  • What traits in others are you attracted to? open mind, generosity, attentiveness, goodness, love, manners, hard working
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? My roommate cleaned my dorm room for me when I was stressed out during Finals
  • How do you want to be remembered? Good woman that followed her heart and blessed everyone that she came in contact with.  Someone who would help anyone that needed it.
  • What would you do with a million dollars? I would set money aside to restore my house, buy an almost new car, and bank the rest so I have money to live off the interest.
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why? My husband and my children  because they are the most important thing to me.  I couldn't imagine life without them.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?   Following your dreams and to question everything and never let anyone tell you how to think.  Go against the grain.  Change the world.  Thing about what life would be like if Einstein was too afraid to put his ideas out there and go against every school of thought there was.
    kayandjsmom
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Steven seagal (sp?)lol
  • What type of pets do you have?fish, bird, dog, cat
  • What is your favorite color?black
  • What is most memorable about your high school years?not much
  • What word describes you best?sarcastic
  • What is your greatest accomplishment?going back and getting a diploma after having my daughter, and then going to college, when I thought that I was done with it all.
  • What drives you every day?my children
  • What is your favorite food?chili, cheese nachos or cheeseburgers
  • Where do you want to retire?that's too far away to know
  • What is your business goal this year?get back to school
  • Where do you like to vacation?No favorite.
  • Who do you admire?people who help children (sick, hungry, abused)
  • What is your mission?I would love to help children(sick, hungry, abused)
  • If you were invisible, where would you go?In the shower with JOHNNY DEPP. NO JOKE!!
  • What traits in others are you attracted to? Personality. I've had crushes on guys who weren't the cutest but just was smooth and had a good personality.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? When my husband cooks me breakfast in bed.
  • How do you want to be remembered?As a loving mother, wife. Awesome friend to have, and someone who was fun.
  • What would you do with a million dollars?I would be getting a big house.
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why? My kids and husband because I couldn't be without them.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? I would tell them to stop worrying about their status in highschool, because none of that matters when you're out. Have fun before you have to get real.
    steelcrazy
    by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?  John Schneider (I loved Bo Duke)
  • What type of pets do you have?  a beagle
  • What is your favorite color?  Blue
  • What is most memorable about your high school years? skipping class at least once a week my senior year without being caught.  Being captain of the cheerleading squad. 
  • What word describes you best?  ambitious
  • What is your greatest accomplishment?  my boys (all of them)
  • What drives you every day?  my minivan - lol!  No really, I am a doer and I know what needs to be done and I just do it.  It's my personality.
  • What is your favorite food?  chocolate in any shape or form.  I love chocolate and the darker, the better.
  • Where do you want to retire?  In the mountains somewhere far, far away from civilization.
  • What is your business goal this year?  To have a successful first year in a new venture that some friends of mine started over the summer.  So far, so good.
  • Where do you like to vacation?  camping in the woods - no water, no electric, real camping.
  • Who do you admire?  my grandmothers (both of them are strong women who I try to emulate.
  • What is your mission? To be happy and make a positive impact on the lives of the children that I come in contact with.
  • If you were invisible, where would you go?  on a long walk in the woods to observe the wild life and clear my head.
  • What traits in others are you attracted to?  sense of humor and honesty.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?  My grandfather let me bury my twin boys in his cemetery plot.  Ten years later they are still there and pap is still living.
  • How do you want to be remembered?  As someone who had fun, enjoyed life and was a good friend.
  • What would you do with a million dollars?  pay off my debts, give some to my church, and invest the rest of it to live off of.  A million dollars doesn't go very far.
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? my hubby Why?  because I just can't imagine being without him for more than a few days.  I don't think I'd be able to survive without him.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?  Civic responsibility. (voting)
    momofamonkey83
    by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:08 AM

• Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? The girl that played DJ on Full House - I can't remember her name right now!
  • What type of pets do you have? We do not have any pets right now
  • What is your favorite color? PINK!!
  • What is most memorable about your high school years? I dropped out after my Sophomore year like a dumb dumb - so, I do not really have any great memories from High School
  • What word describes you best? Outgoing or Spontaneous - it's a close one
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? Surviving motherhood so far!!  LOL - no really, there have been plenty of times where I wasn't sure I was going to make it!
  • What drives you every day? The fact that I don't want to be a failure - at anything - being a mom, being an employee, being a friend, daughter, girlfriend, etc.  I can't stand failing and when I do, I am hard on myself big time!
  • What is your favorite food? Italian!  And they just built an Olive Garden in my town FINALLY!!  It is my favorite :)
  • Where do you want to retire? On a ranch in a big house (but not too big) with a wrap around porch downstairs and upstairs
  • What is your business goal this year? To find a new job.  I have one, and it's a lot better than what a lot of people have, but I am not very happy here and would love to go to work for a company that treats their employees better and is closer to home.
  • Where do you like to vacation? I haven't been on many vacations, but the best one was Disney World when I was 13 - it was awesome!
  • Who do you admire? People who are able to go through life without being materialistic, who are simple, who are honest and true to themselves, who are hard workers but don't complain, who earn everything that they get in life and never expect a handout from anybody.  I am some of these things, but not all of them.
  • What is your mission? To wake up :)
  • If you were invisible, where would you go? Ha Ha!  I'm not really sure??
  • What traits in others are you attracted to? Personality.  First impressions are a big deal with me.
  • What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? My parents raised me without strangling me - what more could I ask for?!
  • How do you want to be remembered? As the type of person that I listed as who I admire
  • What would you do with a million dollars? Probably have a heart attack!  I really have no clue!!
  • If you were on an island, who would you want to be with? Why? I would want to be with my BF.  He is like Macyver!  We would have a 2 story home made out of palm trees and waterproof before you knew it!  LOL!!  That and I truly believe he is who I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with.  I wouldn't want my son to be there - that would be torture for a child!  I would't wish that on him at all.
  • You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? How I hate giving speeches and public speaking, LOL!
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)