Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forgot booksack! EDIT WITH UPDATE!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM
  • 16 Replies

Im super tired cuz i worked all night, Im rushing the girls to finish their breakfast as I get their snack together and do their hair. I get them out the door for the bus. And I wait around in the kitchen until I hear the bus drive off. Then I turn around and see Jessica's booksack on the floor. That means she won't have her water, snack, reading book or a way to bring home anything she gets today at school. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME MY 1st grader isn't the only kid to forget her backpack. Im worried about her crying about it. 

She did fine today without it. When she got home she goes, "guess what mom?" and I said "what, you fogot your backpack?" She said "yes". She said the teacher said it was ok and sent home her papers in a big ziploc bag. She did say that she was about to cry at snack time but was ok. In kinder they would have provided a snack for kids that forget theirs but not in 1st. It was ok because snack time is the last thing they do as they are packing up. So she got to eat her snack when she got home. LOL!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oosgrandma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Can you take it to the school & drop it off for her?? Mine hasn't forgotten his yet, but he walks to school & the bookbag is the last thing he picks up on his way out the door.

sandie66
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:41 AM

It'll be ok. One day won't make a difference. My daughter is in second grade and she left hers in her brother's car one day last week. I noticed as soon as we walked out the house, but he didn't notice till he was already at school. It was not big deal. Well, not to us anyway because they give her snack in school. Hopefully the teacher has some snacks laying around.

615amy09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM
I am sure she'll be fine. My first grader forgot his one day last year. I can't imagine it would be a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 AM

It'll be fine.  Nothing worth stressing over at all.  Every child does this a few times during their school years.  Mine have even forgotten theirs at school.  It's part of growing up and learning responsibility for your things.

iheartgaia
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:31 AM

dont want to be the downer here, but if you are worried about her crying about it, my guess is she would.  only you know the temperament of your child.  i would say most kids would handle it pretty well.  my son would be devastated.  we had a library book situation recently.  he was terribly distraught that he couldnt get a new book on library day because he had forgotten his at home.  whats worse is the following tuesday, we still didnt get the book in his backpack.  i had it at the school before library time though.  can you take her pack to her?

sahlady
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

so drive it to her.

pascale10
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM

drop it if you can but no it is not a big deal. at my kid school they get fed if they have nothing and teachers usually have treats in their classes

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM

i would have brought it to her but i worked last night, i had my younger son still sleeping, I need to sleep as much when he is sleeping and the school isn't right around the corner either. If it would have been on one of my off days I would have.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

BUMP!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I'm glad that she was fine and I'm sure that she learned a little lesson in the process.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)