Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What fund raisers are your kids doing?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM
  • 15 Replies

I hate when my son sells chocolate. It is so hard to say no too! =)

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarlinda
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

My oldest dd is selling a packet of stuff. Cookies & stuff in one. The other is wrapping paper and christmas gifts.

ashleywith2boys
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM

my son has already had one for cookie dough, pizza, and stuff like that. we didnt sell anything. they got coupon books yesterday

lvns2my1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

My daughter has already done one - the second week of school.... That was back in August. They were selling mumkins - mum's in a cute pumpkin pot. She ended up selling 8 and won 3 Jean Day passes (she's at a uniform school).

Some of the other fundraisers that they are doing/will be doing are: scripts, spring flowers, and a cookie dough sale.

LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:09 PM

What do you think about parties for the biggest sellers? I always thought it was wrong to do. They would throw a pizza party or ice cream party for all the classes biggest sellers.

rousefam5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Walkathon

Our school tries to hold only 3 big fund raisers a year. Walkathon, Book Fair, the other one is escaping me. The PTO seems to get what they need out of these 3 fund raisers which is great!

lvns2my1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

What do you think about parties for the biggest sellers? I always thought it was wrong to do. They would throw a pizza party or ice cream party for all the classes biggest sellers.

My daughter's school doesn't do that... They have this money machine thing that when it's turned on there is wind and it blows the money. Each kid that sells the most during the fundraisers gets a chance in the machine to grab as much money as they can.

For the mumkins fundraiser that my daughter done, the machine prize was for any child that sold more then 30 mumkins throughout that fundraiser. I like that idea as it does not single any kid out. And they had prizes for all of the kids. For selling 3 mumkins, they got 1 Jeans Day pass..... My daughter sold 8 mumkins and ended up getting 3 Jeans Day passes (again, the school that my daughter goes to now is a private school which requires uniforms).

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Both of my boys are selling holiday candy for school and popcorn for cub scouts.  Wanna buy some?

LoriBMom03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:43 PM

We did Celebrating Home stuff - candles, wrapping paper, gift bags, dip mix, etc.

markettby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 PM

The only thing my daugther is doing is the Girl Scout Fall Product Sale......

justanotherjen
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

According to the newsletter our new school only does one fund raiser a year and that is over.  They had a sport-a-thon last Friday and raised money for that (my 3 kids raised a whole $10 between them, lol--we're broke, none of that was from us but from the neighbors).

I guess the school raised $18,500.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)