• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debate ~ Spanking in school with certain rules attached

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  • 46 Replies

We are going to try and debate and issue or topic weekly. But only if we all can act like mature adults and not take offense in another persons opinion. Please keep in mind we are a group of many woman, and we all have our own way of dealing with things. This debate is open to all the members. Please refrain from name calling, or insults to another member. Let's make this a friendly debate as possible.

Please state why you agree or disagree. Offer examples if need be. If you disagree w/ another person quote them and explain your reasons for disagreeing.

Debate ~
  1. To consider something; deliberate.
  2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
  3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument.

Now that you have read the rules here is the topic to debate:

Would you be ok with principals/teachers spanking children in school with these rules?

Now the parameters are, same sex adult (males discipline males and females females).

Open doors with at least another witness.

Only  2 or 3 spanks.

Child/Parent has to sign a permission slip at beginning of the year and they will always have a choice to take detention, ISS, suspension (which ever punishment that fits the crime).

Parents will be notified BEFORE punishment ensues and can choose to be the other witness.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samthecat001
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM

i will NEVER EVER be ok with any hitting my kid.  ever.

chcon
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Nope.  I wouldn't be okay with that. 

As a teacher I would not feel comfortable doing that either.  I always smiled and nodded at parents that suggested I could feel free to do so if their kid was obnoxious. 

sahlady
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Naw... too big of a slippery slope.

Too many obnoxious parents who still (with out spanking involved) believe their childrenwith no regards to anything else.  The whole "not my child" syndrome.

m_o_m_o_f_3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:58 PM

I would never be okay with anyone hitting my kids.

LUVMI4BOYZ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Nope never!! And where I live it says in the student handbook that if u choose for them not to spank your child you have to write a letter to the school stating that u DO NOT give them permission to use corperal punishment on your child otherwise they will!! I was shocked! What if I hadn't read that!?

Quoting samthecat001:

i will NEVER EVER be ok with any hitting my kid.  ever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ml28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM

i am all for it   kids these day are really bad i seen a kids spit in a teacher face &she couldn't do anything about  it except send him to the principle office  PS  my kids school know they have my permission  as long as they call me 1st  & if they get in trouble at school they will be in trouble at home  they are their to learn not act up

countryspun
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM

No. This is not a good idea. Even in 2 or 3 swats you can still bruise someone. 

DDDaysh
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Nope, our school already has it as an alternative to ISS.  It's too easy a punnishment, most kids prefer it. 

auroragold
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM

No I would not - under any circumstances.

Discipline can be accomplished by means other than hitting.

im23vaughn
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM

No. I do not believe in spanking therefore I wouldn't want anyone spanking my child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)