Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first grade bully

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday my dd a forth grader rode the school bus home and informed me that this first grade boy punched her in the nose on the bus. the bus driver has a no tolerance policy and he is no longer allowed on the bus. Luckly my daughter is ok. I just wonder what makes him think it is ok to hit people. This child also said profanity to the bus driver and tryied to hit him. The other thing that bothers me is that neither the school or bus driver called to inform me of the incident. what are your thoughts?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM

There should have definitely been a phone call.

As for the little boy....my only thoughts are "what is going on at home?"

cindy82
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM
I agree someone should have called but don't normally.
Def sounds like something is going on at home. Hope the school keeps an eye on that boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherishkids
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:07 PM
Glad ur daughter is ok. I was a day care worker before & after in the schhol. We had a first grade boy who was always fighting I made him sit by me and he swung at me. It took all I could not to clobber him when I told his mom she didn't care until we told her we were done. Then she cried she didn't have anyone else he was choking the kid. Some parents just don't care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bupkie
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:19 PM

A lot of parents just don't care .... or maybe have no self awareness... or no realization what they are teaching their kids...  

When DS was in 4th Grade- the first grader down the street would try and bully him, at the bus stop, and in school!   This little twerp - (and my DS is TALL!)  And the bully is quite the cunning con artist too... liar, bs, .... hit my younger (kindergarten at the time) in the head with a hockey stick, and tried to lie about it!   When there were other kids around and my DS saw too.    FF to now.... they are selling their home, and getting divorced....  So... trouble at home doesn't surprise me - based solely on his behavior...   (It is terrible to assume, I know.... but if trying to figure why the child has to go after other children who mind their own business and are years older then them... There has to be something troubling them...)   The bullies need emotional help.... and to not take it out on other children!   

haysyd
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM
Thats what I had a thought that maybe somthing is going on at home and acting out. Maybe he doesn't know how to ask for help.
Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 29, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

There should have definitely been a phone call.

As for the little boy....my only thoughts are "what is going on at home?"

I agree with both comments. 

I'm glad your daughter is alright.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)