Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lice...I'm so mad

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 70 Replies

My dd10 comes home from school and asked me what lice was.  When I asked her why, she said she couldn't tell me, it was a secret.  When I asked who's secret, she said "B" which is her best friend (I don't care for the girl).  Anyway, it wasn't hard to figure out that "B" has head lice.  Her mom told her to not tell anyone.  My dd said "B" wore her hair in a bun on the top of her head today.  I'm PISSED.  I checked both my girls and neither have head lice.  I bought some tree oil (I think that's what it's called), I heard it repels lice.  I'm pissed that her mom is being so irresponsible to send her dd to school and not warn other parents.  I plan on calling the school in the morning and letting them know.

UGH.  I hate lice. 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Yeah, I'd be calling the school too.  I hope that the nurse checks the little girl out good and sends her home because she has lice.  How irresponsible!  Thank god your daughter told you and your girls don't have it.

sweetgrlangel
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Tea tree oil is what I hope you got. I would be pissed too. I got a lil girl kicked out of prek cause of it. Use to be best friends with the mother. But they fought lice for over a year and brought kids to my house saying they were fine when they weren't. I post something on her facebook and the teacher saw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I think a heads up to the school is needed.

Stephie280
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Yes you need to call the school and let them know. Lice can spread so fast. and tea tree oil works wonders on lots of things

KTMOM
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM

That is ridiculous!  I would also be emailing or calling first thing to let them know that this child has lice!  That makes ME mad!

JulieBrown
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM

This is exactly what I was going to say.  We use Rosemary Repel products and almost everyone in my middle child's class got lice except us.  

From their site..... The first of its kind, this unique shampoo uses organic rosemary, citronella, tea tree, anise, lavender and geranium oils to help repel lice and other insects from the hair.

http://www.rosemaryrepel.com/

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yeah, I'd be calling the school too.  I hope that the nurse checks the little girl out good and sends her home because she has lice.  How irresponsible!  Thank god your daughter told you and your girls don't have it.

hill2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM

yeah call the school. Thats awful. The school has not noticing them itching? Thats just crazy to not care if you pass that on.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 PM

That's f*cked up. I would call the school, too. Good luck!

tiatoast
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't think it was that big of a deal.  It's not a life threatening virus or anything.  Just make sure you have some lice shampoo and you're good.  I'm sure "B's" parents didn't want her to have lice either.  At least they put her hair up and tried not to let it spread. 

nellyb118
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 PM
seriously?

Quoting tiatoast:

To be honest, I wouldn't think it was that big of a deal.  It's not a life threatening virus or anything.  Just make sure you have some lice shampoo and you're good.  I'm sure "B's" parents didn't want her to have lice either.  At least they put her hair up and tried not to let it spread. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)