Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: need gift advice...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM
  • 21 Replies
My oldest-she's 8.5 yrs old. I'm currently shopping, or starting to shop for Christmas and I honestly have to say that this is the first year that I am stuck as to what to get her.

She will be 9 on Jan. 11th.

What would you get for your almost 9 yr old?

I've gotten her like 3 pajama sets by Calvin Klein and a Guess jacket.

But I'm not sure what type of toys to get her. We just went through her clothes to weed out all the small clothes and we will next go through all of her toys (and there's a lot!)

Any suggestions?

Oh, and no littlest pet shops-she has a zillion of those things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 PM

My daughter will be 8 next month. I have no idea either. For her bday we are giving her money and her and I are going shopping at the mall for a girls day! For Christmas I have no idea. She will probably get some new chapter books, her snowboarding pass, and maybe a new game for her DS.

IMAMOMx4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM

why not take her window shopping and ask her what she would like?

angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

an mp3 player gift card and a mall trip together,  I don't know??

AnasMommy7
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

She has an ipod and never uses it anymore :( And it's crazy but she hates shopping...

Quoting angelachristine:

an mp3 player gift card and a mall trip together,  I don't know??

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Why not ask her what new things she might like to find under the tree?

Go though a toy magazine or website and see what she likes.

I know at that age I liked to make things. So a jewelry or friendship bracelet kit was fun. Or sand art kits. Clay kits, etc.

iMom_me
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

This is the age it starts getting harder finding children presents because they know what they want. What I do for my daughter is ask her, for her WISH LIST  for the year. My tween likes the store JUSTICE. I usually get her, little things like Mood nail polish and accessories for stocking stuffers. And I pick 3 things that we can afford from her list. Or she's always happy to get a Gift Card from her favorite stores, since she likes to choose for herself now and I just get the little things to stuff her stockings.                                                                               

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Craft kits, art supplies, books, costume jewelry, board games, video games, posters or other decorations for her room, super soft blanket, squishy pillow, movies, funky hats....

kellysp6637
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I think 9 is a great age for a nice digital camera (not a kid kind) and maybe one of those picture printers .....along with some scrap books (Michael's has some really great ones...and you can pair the 40% coupons with them for some fab deals)....This would be great for her to use hanging out with friends, field trips, sleep overs, etc.....a gift she can use year round.

kellysp6637
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

You could also start her on a pandora bracelet (or something similar) and start her with the bracelet and a few beads and add the to it throughout the year by giving her special beads for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, her B-day, a report card, anything......they are fun, cute and something she'll have forever.

AnasMommy7
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Ok, I like the room decor idea...

She has a Wii and her daddy will pick out the games, apparently they have the same taste, lol. I got her craft stuff last year and they are still unopened :(

Quoting amonkeymom:

Craft kits, art supplies, books, costume jewelry, board games, video games, posters or other decorations for her room, super soft blanket, squishy pillow, movies, funky hats....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)