Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trumpet!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 20 Replies

I don't post here often, but promise to start. ;)

My little guy (9) came home with his trumpet today.  He's been so funny "practicing" and wanting to learn how to clean it, etc, ever since he got home from school.  Luckily, he did take a break to do his reading homework.

I hope he always loves playing it!  And, I hope I don't go deaf.  lol

Any other band moms around?

3_lil_monkeys

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM

That is so sweet.  My son is in 4th grade and he plays the clarinet.  Our dog hates it when he plays, but he has gotten very good at it and is so proud of himself.

bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Mine are still to young but I was in band so I hope they will be too

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

That is so sweet.  My son is in 4th grade and he plays the clarinet.  Our dog hates it when he plays, but he has gotten very good at it and is so proud of himself.

Hahaha!  My dogs just ran away when he started blowing in the mouthpiece.  I don't think they're going to be very happy with him. 

My son is also in 4th grade.  I was surprised when he told me he'd joined band, but since I never had the opportunity to do so myself, I'm thrilled that my kids are excited about it (my daughter plays, and I use that term loosely, guitar and violin.  She's definitely a beginner on both though).

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quoting bunnywzrd:

Mine are still to young but I was in band so I hope they will be too

Oh that's great!  I hope they will too.  :)

NearSeattleMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:25 AM

My boys tried flute and clarinet . . . but neither of them stayed with it.  Now they play guitar and piano.

c_turtle21
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I played trumpet from 5th grade thru high school.

samsbaby78
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:40 AM

my 12 year old is on his second year playing the sax. right now he play his dads sax from his band years, but the band director has started him on tenor sax.

soymujer
by Mikki on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:18 PM

My middle son plays the trumpet..started last year and my daughter started playing the clarinet this year....my youngest will play drums and guitar

family in the van   Mom of four

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Lots of band-moms!  Yay!  :)

semazani
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Yep....we have two band kids so far....one trumpet and one percussion (they are now 7th grade and learning to march!).  Our fifth grader is interested...depending on the day and our third grader will have to wait til fifth grade to start, but he wants to do percussion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)