Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hitting in school piog

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM
  • 6 Replies
Okay, so I went to get my DD, Gracie, from school today and she seems fine and normal as ever, but when we get in the car she starts telling me this story about how this boy in her class has been bullying her and I asked her what she meant. Well, she tells me that he likes to scare her and for the past two days he's SLAPPED HER IN THE FACE!!! She said the first day it was at recess and the recess supervisor took care if it and disciplined the boy and got her an ice pack and the second day it happened while she was getting a drink in the bathroom in the classroom. I don't blame the teacher- she's a really sweet lady and I know she does a good job with the kids. Bur we are going to have a meeting with her and if it continues we're going to sit down with the principal. I was in shock when Gracie told me though- she said he doesn't do it to anyone else. It breaks my heart that my little girl is being slapped by her boy classmate! :(
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Oh wow I am glad that the teacher was on it. I would make sure she tells you when it happens again and then go to the teacher your self that is just too much. I knwo what I would tell my daughter(next time he trys that kick him hard!)

momofTnT
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:47 AM

well it's good that the teacher is taking care of it, but if it keeps happening i would give her permission to slap him back and ask him how he likes it!!! Enough is Enough! Ok not really but i would be knocking on that kids door and having a talk with his parents

JulieBrown
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:41 AM

I think I would also call the school counselor.  In some schools, the counselor deals with discipline issues. 

Zakysmommy
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I know this isn't the PC answer, and I know it's not a popular one.  But I would tell my daughter to kick him HARD in the knee.  Make sure that someone saw him slap her.  I wouldn't wait for the teachers.  I do believe that turnabout is fair play, and my kids will never be in trouble for defending themselves.  Most times kids quit hitting once they get hit back.  Then I would raise holy hell with the school

fairymom2316
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM

I'm glad she told you and I hope it gets resolved quickly!

Barabell
by Barbara on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Quoting fairymom2316:

I'm glad she told you and I hope it gets resolved quickly!

I agree!  I'm surprised that the teacher didn't contract you.  My son's school contacts the parents if they get a red mark from another classmate.

Good luck in resolving it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)