Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

was i the only one?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 3:16 PM
  • 8 Replies
school was cancelled wednesday so i had no idea that when she went to school today that they would have her v-day party. she only goes to school on wednesday and friday and every other monday. i stupidly assumed that they would send home a note letting us know when the party was rescheduled for. we worked on a card carrier we made goodie bags we decorated a box to carry the goodie bags we made valentines.......... she was so sad wednesday when she found out school had been cancelled. i blew it and i feel awful i really had no idea that they would just have the party today. i apologized profusely and she wrapped her arms around me saying it wasn't my fault. i'm going to cross my fingers and hope that her teacher will let her hand out her stuff wednesday. would you all have known to send the stuff in?
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krielly
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 4:08 PM
I would have assumed it was just postponed a day but don't worry about it. I highly doubt the teach will say no to her passing them out next week. If they do, say something to the principal.
SixPakMom
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 4:13 PM
I would have sent them in the next school day. But now she gets to have her own personal v-day being the only one passing out valentines, pretty cool for her!
mommymacof3
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 4:27 PM
Nope, you were not the only one.  I completely forgot.  I was actually supposed to provide snacks for both my daughters 2nd grade class and my sons kinder class.  Luckily I was the only mom who forgot and the class had enough snacks to go around!  Boy oh boy did I feel bad though when my daughter came home and told me all about the disapointment she had when I didn't show up....oops! 

So no worries at least your little one didn't worry about it!  I agree with the other mom...she will have her own special day focused on all the goodies she is providing for her classmates....
bits78
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 5:54 PM
I assumed that they would have it today.  I know my neighbor called this am and asked what I thought.  I said I thought they would have it today.  Mainly because going today was almost a waste of time-they have been off most of the week and will be off on Monday for Prez day.   Well my neighbor didn't believe me and didn't go to school for the party and then called me complaining because she missed the party.  I do think that the teacher will let your child hand out stuff on Wednesday.
pinkbutterfly
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Don't feel bad!!  You ment well...made all of that stuff together, had everything in place for her.  she knows you ment well, and that's all that counts.  I'm sure that her teacher will understand... it would be a shame if she didn't.  Hope all goes well for you. P.S. Hope you have a better day!!!

snglbby
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Quoting SixPakMom:

I would have sent them in the next school day. But now she gets to have her own personal v-day being the only one passing out valentines, pretty cool for her!

I agree! But I forgot to send cups with my son for his party and my dad had to go get them since I was sick.
rjroberts
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 9:50 PM
My daughter's school was closed all week and finally they went back today (although it was a 2 hr delay due to weather again!)  I brought the candy for the party in before school started and her valentines and she carried her valentines mail box. Her class had a party, but I heard some of the teachers cancelled the parties, I think that is rotten, the kids were really looking forward to it.
luvmyboys6
by on Feb. 17, 2007 at 9:57 AM
i wouldn't worry about it. i forget to send cupcakes for my son so he could celebrate his birthday with his classmates. we were in the process of moving too so i had totally forget all about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)