Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ghosts of Christmas Past (sfag)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

Saw this in another group and liked it too much not to share here.

What is a favorite holiday memory from your past?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM

The Christmas I got my 1st set of Legos is a fave memory- I remember sitting next to my dad on the sofa while he played w/ them, "showing me" how I could build  different things w/ them : )

hepmommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Check my most recent blog post for a memory from my past.  It was a magical one.

http://sippycupsinmycouture.blogspot.com/2010/12/yes-virginia-there-is-santa-claus.html

auroragold
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 5:58 PM

BUMP!

Rachel42903
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM
having big families, all the greats have died out and now we just dont get together the same....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I can remember the one Christmas when I woke and the entire living room was covered, wall to wall in gifts. My grandparents on my father's side had stayed with us for the holidays. And my grandparents from my moms side were also there. It took all day to open gifts. And the time spent with my grandparents was better than the stuff under the tree.

momto_3
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:27 PM

all of them with my mom. My ds christmas was one of the best cause he was soo cute and my mom acted like a kid too! it was great!

auroragold
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

outstandingLove
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM

...I've never really liked Christmas. When i was a kid i picked up on my moms emotions about it. Christmas was very emotionally difficult for her to deal with, as well as a huge financial struggle. She pretended to enjoy it when i was little, ...but you can't hide stuff like that from kids.

Last year was a good year, except it was the first Christmas i've ever gone through without my mom (she died in April '09) which made it difficult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)