Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE school!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM
  • 15 Replies
I really really hate it! Does anyone else feel this way? I couldnt stand it when I went and I HATE sending my son. I hate forcing him to get up while its still dark out. I hate homework. I have a hard time helping him with it. I have no patience for teaching (which is wht I'm afraid to homeschooling him). I hate dealing with teachers, etc...I hate that kids are starting to pick on him a little and I hate worrying about it getting worse. I hate that he has to spend all day there and have to do homework that's only gonna get harder and longer. I just really hate school. I wish I never had to send my poor lil boy.

Sorry just ranting. I know its important and of course I try to never speak ill of it in his presence. I would love to homeschool him. I just don't know how well it would work out. Like I said I am no teacher and dh works too much. Plus I know he needs the socialization. He does really well in school...(with the exception of 2 kids who are calling him weak the past few days. He says its a boy and a girl. They want my son to squeeze the boys arm as hard as he can but my sweet boy wont. So they call him weak and I can see it hurts him. =[ of course I told him I was very proud of him and to tell his teacher if they do it again. O wrote her a note as well.

Anyways I have no real point to this. I just have always hated school and I am feeling sorry for my lil boy. He's in first grade btw. =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:28 PM
HOpefully it gets better! I like school. My kids are excited to go and learn! We havent had any issues..........
LCG83
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM
He loved preschool but k and 1st have been so hard on him. =[ I feel bad. I always try to encourage him but inside I just wish I could spare him from going. I know I can't though. Its more mommy's issue than his. Except for the brats that are making him feel bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Quoting LCG83:

He loved preschool but k and 1st have been so hard on him. =[ I feel bad. I always try to encourage him but inside I just wish I could spare him from going. I know I can't though. Its more mommy's issue than his. Except for the brats that are making him feel bad.

Yeah. We have dealt with the occasional mean kid, but I look at it as a learning exerpience for them. Lets be honest, there are adults that are "mean". We just talk about it and they learn how to deal with it. It does suck to have to see them be sad about it though. I feel ya!

*Sandra* Mom of 2
*Ask me about my custom made breastfeeding covers!!!*

LCG83
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Yeah its bittersweet. Prepares him for the real world but breaks my heart. He just seems stressed and tired when it comes to school. I wish I knew how to help him better.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Quoting LCG83:

Yeah. We have dealt with the occasional mean kid, but I look at it as a learning exerpience for them. Lets be honest, there are adults that are "mean". We just talk about it and they learn how to deal with it. It does suck to have to see them be sad about it though. I feel ya!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Does he like it, though?

You maybe could check into virtual schools like K12.com.  Some states have them and they are free through the public school system.  They have teachers that work with you and your child . . . two of my kids have been in virtual school for six years, since 5th grade!

outstandingLove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM

You know, before i started homeschooling i thought i wasn't going to have enough patients for my son. He is VERY active and has very challenging behavior as well. And he does not catch on to subjects as easily as i have, or as easily as my younger son (which makes it a little more frustrating).

But honestly, pulling him out and homeschooling him was one of the best choices that i've ever made. I still have to work on my patients, but it's not as bad as i thought it was going to be And the benefits are wonderful. We get to get up when we are ready. And he can learn at his own pace. And he doesnt have all the extra stimulis that was so distracting for him in school. And he isn't being picked on nor is he bullying anyone ele either.

If you are capable of homeschooling him, and it's a choice you are willing to consider, i encourage you to join the happy homeschooler group here on CM. Those ladies are so helpful!!! and very encouraging.

Or feel free to PM me if you so wish. :)

Best wishes to you and your little boy!

outstandingLove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Also, how does bullying prepare a child for the real world? If you get bullied at the work place, that bully gets fired, or some other form of discipline. Often times, in the schools, the bullying just continues and no one really does anything about. it.

And as adults, if we are getting bullied and reprocustions are in process, we have coping skills, more self control, and a better logical understanding of WHY someone is being a bully.

AlL_eYeS_oN_mE
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM

do you know i couldnt agree with you more right now. hang in there

jennbec1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:29 PM

*hugs*

rkoloms
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I loved school (and would choose it over working any time. My daughter has always loved school, too.

I hope that you can work things out for your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)