Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving Christmas presents

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

My SO, of 8 1/2 years, always gets freaked out at Christmas because he doesn't have money to get the kids anything. I can't understand this. I tell him that the presents come from both of us. Really most come from Santa and we only give them socks and underwear and stuff like that. I told him no couple gives separate gifts. I know we are not married but we have been together FOREVER, it feels like marriage to me! LOL!

Do you and your SO/DH give separate presents to the kids and family?

reindeer 1reindeer 2sleigh

Cindy

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM

No, rest assured that we give combined gifts and I take care of purchasing, wrapping, and giving all of them.  He just stands there and smiles because I have his butt covered. lol

No_Difference
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Nope... "we" give the kids stuff.  He would prefer not to but I throw his name on anyway lol. Typically they get what they absolutely need if we're able to get them something unless we get a little extra.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:10 PM

No we don't & never have in the 11 years we have been together. It is just figured that everything comes from us. I am a SAHM so it all comes from his pay check anyway.

quickdraw
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM

No, and me and my SO are not married either.  The gifts are from us, doesn't matter who buys it.  I buy stuff with my money all the time for his kids, and he buys stuff for my kids.  We do not have a joint account.  But we think of the money as our money.  There is no yours and mine when it comes to the kids, they are our kids.  :)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Quoting quickdraw:

No, and me and my SO are not married either.  The gifts are from us, doesn't matter who buys it.  I buy stuff with my money all the time for his kids, and he buys stuff for my kids.  We do not have a joint account.  But we think of the money as our money.  There is no yours and mine when it comes to the kids, they are our kids.  :)

I love this way of looking at things.  Some of my nieces and nephews are not really related to me by blood - they became members when their parent joined our family.  I do think of them as my nieces and nephews and treat them exactly like any other.

quickdraw
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting quickdraw:

I love this way of looking at things.  Some of my nieces and nephews are not really related to me by blood - they became members when their parent joined our family.  I do think of them as my nieces and nephews and treat them exactly like any other.

yep, I have a niece and nephew that joined the family through marriage, but they are my niece and nephew and get treated the same as my blood ones do.  I believe your family is what you make of it, not just blood.

jennbec1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Our gifts for her are from us both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)