Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need your help. Please.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM
  • 27 Replies

We have these three VERY naughty little elves on our Christmas Tree. On Monday Morning we got up to open a new box of cereal and found that the elves had put all the bags of cereal in the wrong boxes, and sealed the boxes back up. THEN... Yesterday Morning We found this:

One of the elves got trapped when he was turning our couch UPSIDE DOWN! It was so heavy I had to have my DD 9 help me put it back up right. The kids know it couldn't have been me now, because they saw me try to turn it myself and that I was not strong enough to do so.

What do you think I should do with them?

Okay, the REAL help, I need more Ideas for these little elves. Tomorrow night they are going to put out all of our Halloween decorations. The elves will keep up with their dirty tricks all the way until we put the tree away, so I need a LOT of funny, but harmless ideas.

They did it again last night.. We woke up this morning and found all of their shoes put up in strange places. It took the kids 20 minutes to find them. They were on top of the microwave, in the curtains, and on the Christmas tree too! Stinkin' elves..

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
outstandingLove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Honey in the shampoo bottle. :)

It will wash out easy, i use it all the time on my own hair. But if it's not something they are used to it will seem "tricky".

I'll try to think of more.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Take the shoe laces and put them in upside down in the shoes.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Hang the pictures upside down if possible.

FreeSpriT4eva
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM
I can't think of anything yet..I'm still laughing @ the post..it made me laff 2nite..ty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Another one, how about replacing the ornaments on the tree with Easter eggs.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM

If the kids lay their clothes out before bed, have the elves move the clothes around to different kids rooms or places that they sit their clothes if they share a room.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Loosen the lightbulbs in lamps/light fixtures so they flicker.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Here are some cute Elf stories that might give you a few ideas.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

You never can tell where these elves will show up. I’ve seen an elf photo appear as a screensaver on a family’s computer. Some elves have even had their photos entered into cell phone home screens. We’ve known of busy elves who apparently took photos of themselves all over the house (next to the sleeping dog, in a backyard swing, holding the toothpaste) and then loaded them onto the TV monitor as a slideshow. That made the kids really suspicious of what could be going on when they’re sleeping.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM

• Our elves, Betsy, Kirsten, Gabriella and Osborn (yes, we have 4 kids) found a snowflake rubber stamp and stamped snowflakes all over the kids faces when they were sleeping.
  • Our elves have turned the breakfast milk into green (we think it was a drop of food coloring secretly hidden under the cereal which the elves poured into the cereal bowls the night before)
  • The elves used a crisp new playing card pulled from a deck of cards. Placed it on top of a full glass of water and then turned the glass over (so the glass of water was upside down and card was on the bottom). Tension holds the card in place so the water does not spill out. It’s quite an amazing trick.
  • Our elves took an entire “spool” of inexpensive yarn and unwound it all over the kitchen making a “web” for the kids to crawl through. The elves were hidden in the cookie jar holding the very end of the yarn.
  • Our elves decorated our entire Christmas tree in one night while the children slept. The kids woke up to find tree lights on and the elves hiding in the tree branches.
  • Our elves turned everything upside down in the kitchen….plates, cups, glasses, table chairs, kitchen stool etc.
  • Our elves at the last four cookies left in the cookie jar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)