Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you keep your Thermostat at?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM
  • 38 Replies

So, what temp do you keep your home set at?  

DH keeps ours at 68 during the day.... and turns it down to 65 at night.   I end up hiding on the couch under a down-alternative throw....because I'm FREEZING.   I dress in LAYERS.. socks, slippers, but still have Goosebumps and shivers through-out the day... I have to have really poor circulation.   (I have cold feet in the summer too.) 

I do my best NOT to turn on the gas fireplace during the day... trying to keep costs down... 

So, what do you keep your home set at?    

Am I the only one who is freezing at 68?   

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natesmom1228
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I keep mine at 67 during the day when we are home. It goes down to 60 at night. When I leave during the day I turn it down to 64.

orcadarwin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Ours is set at 68 in the winter and 69 in the summer.  Sometimes I get cold, but not usually.  I mostly burn up at night.  We keep it cool for our oldest son who has bad eczema and it breaks out when he gets hot.  Plus, my husband works in the meat department in a grocery store, so he's used to the cold.  

endurablemist
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM

I set ours on 70ishwhen we goto bed I put it down to 65ish, it gets freezing downstairs but stays really warm upstairs. And yes I am almost always cold.

caitsmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:27 AM

My thermostat is not accurate so its a guessing game all the time. 

auroragold
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Bupkies cannot come visit me or she'll freeze to my sofa!

We have a programmable thermostat and it's set as follows

7am - 68 degrees
9am - 60 degrees
4:30pm - 68 degrees
9pm - 60 degrees

Mind you - I have a HUGE south facing front window and if the sun is out - it stays quite toasty.

If the sun is NOT showing her lovely face, and we have to be home for any length of time during the day and can't handle the chill with a sweater on - then I'll bump the heat.  But sweater and socks FIRST.

And night time - well heck, we all have pajamas and blankets - and I have DH's body heat...

DanielleMason
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM

I am at 67 day and night during the winter.  I have poor circulation in my feet so they are always freezing, but most of the time I don't notice it anymore.

Cindy18
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM
Mine is usually at 68 all the time. If it's really cold then I'll dump it up to 72. My house is real drafty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
We leave it at 72 during the winter & run a small space heater in our bedroom at night. During the summer it's usually set at 68-70.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennbec1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM

72 in the winter. I can't imagine it being at 68.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)