Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another bad weather day

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
  • 5 Replies

In anticipation of the ice we got last night and early this morning, my work implemented a new bad weather policy. Now, if Fort Worth ISD is closed our clinic is closed. We have to use PTO and if we don't have PTO ten we just don't get paid. We do have the option of going to one of the open/emergency clinics to work. Kinda sucks about the PTO. Good way to drain PTO pretty quick.

Anyway, I just have to say that I had the best morning ever. Got up to call in at 7:15 after getting the call from the ISD an hour earlier. Right as I got off the phone with my boss Kiliki comes into the living room. We sat down on the couch together, all wrapped up with each other. Lots of hugs, kisses and I love yous. I frequently tell her that she is the best thing to ever happen to me and this morning she told me that. :)

Awesome start to the day.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM

That was a great start to the day :-)

Too bad about the PTO thing.  I've never had an employer make me take PTO if the office was closed.  That sucks.

caitsmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Sucky about your PTO but having fun with the wee one is the best :)

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM

What a wonderful start to your day! Hope it gets better!

hepmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

That stinks about having to use the PTO.  But having that sweet time with Miss K is priceless. 

BTW, I saw one of those gymnastics decals on someone's car yesterday and the name below it was KiKi.  It made me think of you.  : )

jennbec1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Awww. She gets a little excited when she hears Kiki cuz at first she thinks they are talking about her.

Quoting hepmommy:

That stinks about having to use the PTO.  But having that sweet time with Miss K is priceless. 

BTW, I saw one of those gymnastics decals on someone's car yesterday and the name below it was KiKi.  It made me think of you.  : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)