Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still waiting ----*Edit* It's here!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM
  • 22 Replies

So I got a phone call at 5 this morning telling me that due to the timing of bad weather today they were going to end school 2 hours early. A big deal considering we are city schools not county and they haven't shut down early in over 20 years one of the office ladies told me. Anyway, here it is the normal time we get home from school and what do you know? No bad weather, no snow, not even rain. The sun is even trying to come out. No fair! I say. They have been promising us snow for a week now and granted it did "snow" on Monday but unless it sticks to the ground I don't consider it snow. That's the problem with our area, you can't really believe anything about what they say about the weather until you see it.

Now, I know a lot of you ladies are probably ready to ship some of your snow to me and I'd take it. lol I'm ready for a snow day. The  worst part about it is that even though nothing is happening everyone is still freaking out like we're about to have a blizzard! 

We finally got our snow!!!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I want some snow too.

We have had a really warm Jan/Feb so far!!!

jen113000
by Jenna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

You can have all of my snow! Well theres not much left thanks to rain a few days ago... but next time it snows... I'll send it all your way lol!

LadyLuxy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM

You're on! lol

Quoting jen113000:

You can have all of my snow! Well theres not much left thanks to rain a few days ago... but next time it snows... I'll send it all your way lol!

hepmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM

They didn't give us early release today, but they are carrying on like we're going to get two foot of snow too.  I'll believe it when I see it is my stand.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I only enjoy snow if it gives me a snow day!

family in the van   Mom of four

kerijeanbean
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM

A couple of years ago they closed the school due to bad weather that was supposed to come in around 2 that afternoon.  It finally showed up around 6 or so that evening.  Then a couple of days later the snow was coming down hard and there was still school.  What?

Last week and this week we had school the day it was actually snowing and no school the next day.  The snow was on Tuesday both weeks and no school Wednesday.  We don't have school Thursday and Friday anyway so it has been a weird week.  My oldest didn't go to school at all due to being sick.

LadyLuxy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Well the snow has arrived and they just called to cancel school tommorrow. 

bradandadamsmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM

LadyLuxy, I checked your profile because your city schools sound like ours and see that you are in Tennessee. I live in Tennessee as well. Do you care to share which part you live in? 

We are expecting a bit of snow here tonight. Nothing major though. They won't close schools tomorrow. 

I live in Northeast Tennessee, right on or pretty much as close as you can get to the Virginia state line. 

tansy78
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

I am in Alabama, and they have already delayed scholl for two hours tomorrow.  Rumor has it we are gonna get a whopping two inches of snow!!

615amy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM
We r near Nashville(little east) and we got about 2-3 inches.

Quoting bradandadamsmom:

LadyLuxy, I checked your profile because your city schools sound like ours and see that you are in Tennessee. I live in Tennessee as well. Do you care to share which part you live in? 

We are expecting a bit of snow here tonight. Nothing major though. They won't close schools tomorrow. 

I live in Northeast Tennessee, right on or pretty much as close as you can get to the Virginia state line. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)