Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tax ?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

We filed with jackson and hewitt on the 28th of jan, its gonna be put in our bank. The day we filed the lady said it will be in on the 11th of feb. Great cause thats being used as our money for our new place we close on the 18th. So i check the website and it said it couldnt tell me. So i call and the lady says call the irs everyone is having problems. It said it can take 3 weeks. So i call and talk to another jackson and hewitt. The guy asked if they were taking their money for filing out i said yea n its suppose to go to the bank. I told him the dates and he said there is no hold it will be there. Im really worried i need that for closing. Anyone know if there is a delay or what

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I did mine with turbo tax and i'm suppose to get it on the 11th also. I checked on mine and it's showing that it will be direct deposited on the 11th

shanny35
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM
There is a delay. If u have deductibles then they won't take ur filing till Monday. (not sure y)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebug840204
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Call the 800 number and put n the info. Make sure u put the amount in that ur getting back BEFORE Jackson hewitt takes out their fees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Ours was to be in our account last week. But the IRS was having some minor issues. So it will be in our account sometime this week(at earliest) or next (at the latest).

justanotherjen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I filed a couple weeks ago online (with turbotax) and our money was in our account on the 4th just like they said it would be.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Ugh!! I am having nothing but problems.. I filed on the first with Turbotax and it was supposed to be DD on the 11th but due to processing delays, it should be in by the 22nd??? The guy I talked to at the IRS said he doesn't have any info on the delays...

Kimbkay
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Wow we are to get ours on the 11th too. Hope we get it then. Need new car
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I like H&R Block Free Online.  Ours was deposited sometime last week.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:14 AM

If you do itemized deductions, there will be a delay.  The forms for itemized deductions weren't officially approved by the government, so you could have your taxes done but they couldn't be submitted and refunds issued until after the forms are approved.  I believe that this coming Monday is supposed to be the approval date, but I could be wrong since I don't do individual taxes.  I am an accountant that does bookwork/taxes for corporations though, so I have heard about this in passing conversations.

soymujer
by Mikki on Feb. 10, 2011 at 11:37 AM

We haven't done ours yet...and we're doing ours at H & R  Block

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)