Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Permanent PMS

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

Do you know someone who seems to have PMS 365 days per year?  Who rarely has anything positive to say? 
Who seems to find a way to comment negatively on EVERYTHING? 
Who can't avoid a topic/conversation in which she really has no input - but finds it necessary to point that out?

How do you handle her/him?  Do you ever call her out?

I know someone - and it's driving me crazy. I'm contemplating asking her what is making her so miserable in her life that EVERYTHING has a negative spin on it.  I rather feel sorry for her kids - but then again she thinks they're perfect and she's the perfect parent so maybe I'm the one who's wrong LOL!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:33 PM

I tend to stay away from negative people. EXCEPT my soon to be FIL. I just can't avoid him as often as I would like.

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM

I'm with Kandice where I try to avoid it.  If that doesn't work, then I just try to brush constant negative comments aside.  I figure at that point it's part of their personality and there's no need to feed into it by responding back in an encouraging way.

auroragold
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM

I'm pretty good at ignoring it also - but it wears on a person after a while. 

Barabell
by Barbara on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I agree that it is wearing.  Sigh.

menmy2lilmen
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I am like the others, I avoid avoid avoid. If I do have to interact I use txting. It works for the most part.

momkitt
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I have PMDD 365 days a year, I just had my tubes tied and my periods are alot less bloody. mirsible cramps and heavy, heavy bleeding.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Yep, it's me.  I'm the witch with PMS 365 days of the year. 

I find that a good sense of humor goes a long, long way when dealing with annoying people.  Then again, there are those who don't have a sense of humor and take everything way too seriously.

bupkie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Thwacks Steel,   no... it's ME!!     

I gotta agree, a good sense of humor helps tremendously...  

Some days, it's all I can do... laugh at myself!     

Quoting steelcrazy:

Yep, it's me.  I'm the witch with PMS 365 days of the year. 

I find that a good sense of humor goes a long, long way when dealing with annoying people.  Then again, there are those who don't have a sense of humor and take everything way too seriously.

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***

LisaLulu
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Many years ago I made the mistake of saying something to a Negative Nelly - it did not go over well. You could make a joke and call her Debbie Downer from SNL.

I recently came across a poem when I was cruising, and it really resonated with me. Of course, I can't find it again, but I will paraphrase for you:

Be thankful for traffic jams, because it means you have a car and transportation;

Be thankful for housework, because it means you have a home and a roof over your head;

Be thankful for whining children, because it means you were blessed with offspring and all the potential they bring into the world;

Be thankful for annoying spouses, because it means you are not alone in the world;

(okay, I added the last 2 for my DH and children, to show them how they cannot knock me off my zen moment....). Feel free to share your new found profoundity with your friend.... :)

ASF
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I am usually a positive person, but sometimes I get in this mood and just cant help myself. I try to be good, but I just cant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)