Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is your child doing socially at school?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM
  • 22 Replies

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anna_mccall
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:47 AM

My daughter is known as the really quiet girl who loves cats.

unique_puzzle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:51 AM

My first grade daughter has been defiant and having a hard time with being respectful to her teacher and classmates.  However after speaking with the school counselor she has improved a lot.  My kindergarten son gets along great with everyone.  He knows everyone and everyone seems to know him. 

menmy2lilmen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Derek has had some trouble adjusting to the new school. He is normally really shy and insecure which does not help. His teacher says that he is starting to fit right in though. He comes home talking about all his friends so i would guess that he is doing well.

Joey is the social butterfly and is doing really well. In his old class he had all girlfriends. This time around though he is making some boys friends and loves it better here.

Jess1231
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM
He's got alot of friends but he tends to be quiet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrea96
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:06 AM

My daughter is a social butterfly. She gets in trouble for talking and is always setting up play dates without consulting me.

kitten_shuga
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM
My son is 9 and we had some problems at the beginning of the year. He came home telling me he had no friends, so we talked about what he could do to have people to play with. He is doing better, but I am afraid he will always be the odd one out, poor kiddo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Uh-oh....she'll grow up to be me...the Cat Lady!!  LOL  I was your daughter, in school. 

Quoting anna_mccall:

My daughter is known as the really quiet girl who loves cats.

offrdngal
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Thomas seems to be doing well socially.

Will, on the other hand, doesn't have many friends.  He is PDD-NOS (with ODD) and he is a thief...who wants to be friends with someone who steals from you. 

StephanieSH
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM

We have had ongoing problems with my 8 year old son in the social department.  We are starting a social skills group soon.  My 5 year old daughter does fine socially.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM

my son is the quiet one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)