Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

e-readers

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 23 Replies
Anybody use a Kindle or any other type of e-reader? What do you think? Do you find yourself spending more to purchase reading material?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unique_puzzle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I'm saving up to buy a Nook color because it allows you to borrow free e-books from your local library.  

Lindseyh911
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I have a kindle and I love it.  There's tons of free books on the Amazon site that you can download and the books you do buy aren't that expensive.  And you can add people to your library so if your friend, whose in your library, buys a book you can also read it.

mz_erica03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM

I have a Nook and I love it! I haven't given up on regular books either, though. I don't purchase a lot of nookbooks unless they're under 5 bucks. The B&N site has a lot of deals, for example I got all 15 Oz books for a buck. 

I do, however, I'm all over my public library's digital library! I'm able to download ebooks and keep them on my Nook for 14 days. And it's FREE! :)

There are also a lot of good sites with free ebooks. They're usually the classics :)

fenderkw
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

my SDDs both have Kobo e-readers (the borders brand) I like it because you can download library books for free with it. That said, the girls never ever use them. They read with them for the first few days they got them, but now they are collecting dust on my kitchen counter. I warned MIL (who bought the kobos for them) that would happen, but she didn't care and bought them anyway. Oh well!! Not my money haha. Personally, I do like it. I borrow theirs all the time. I haven't bought any books yet - I'm just reading the books that come on it :)

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I have an iPad, and so I get to choose where I want to buy my books from.  So far I've only been downloading free books.  Right now I'm reading Jane Eyre on it.

Jess1231
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM
I have heard better things about the nook but have heard both are great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacass260
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Love, Love Love my Kindle!!!!!!

matofour
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Have a kindle. Love it.
Tons of free books!
My advice, compare book prices on both sites.

Amazon is almost always better. The person who said they bought all the oz books for a dollar. That's a great steal, except they are free on amazon.
Free is always better.
Check both sites and compare book prices.
Amazon has great customer service, super great and helpful too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM

what should you look for when buying an e reader?

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:25 PM

LOVE my Kindle and I'm usually never without it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)