Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharing a room?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM
  • 34 Replies

Do your kids share a room?

Right now I have my older 2 girls sharing (they are 11 and 9) and then our baby has her own room.  The older 2 want their own rooms but have ALWAYS shared.  We have thought about adding a room for them but I'm not sure...  seems like they wouldnt be as close if we did that.   :-(

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellasmom32510
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM
I always remember on full house the older two shared a room and the baby had her own. When the baby got a big girl bed the oldest got her own room and the younger two shared a room. Unless you have room for everyone to have their own room I would suggest something similar. Right now our girls have their own room but there may come a time if we have another baby that they will have to share, that is life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess1231
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Right now the boys have their own, if this baby is a boy our oldest will eventually get his own room. If it's a girl the boys will share and she will have her own room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM

My boys share a room... there is no other option.

mama2jarednrae
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Mine each of their own room...but I have a boy & girl

CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

They each have their own bedroom but they do share the play room.

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM

i told my kids that the girls will shar a room and brother gets his Owen.. wright now the twins shar.

hepmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM

The girls share a room (they are 9 and 4) and the boy has his own room (he's 7).

Rychelle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM

my boys are 6 and 3 and they share.. we have no other option. only 2 bedrooms. once we can move they will get their own room. i think that around your girls ages is when they are starting to look for more privacy and independance and space of their own. my sister and I are 2 years apart.. we starte doff sharing a room then got our own.. i think having our separate space made us get along better. less fighting for sure!

SrkStrickland
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM

My DD and DS each have their own room. When the baby comes depending on the gender it will share with one of them :)

veggietalesmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM

All of our girls have their own room 18, 9, and 7 yo.  We also have a very big older home with more than enough bedrooms, 8bed and 9bath home. We are hoping to move to a normal size home  and I would like the girls to still have their own rooms, but keeping the option open they might need to share if it is the right house in all other areas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)