Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did your child's school

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM
  • 20 Replies
Celebrate Dr. Suess' birthday?

Ds watched movies and read books all day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
menmy2lilmen
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Yep they did. I am not sure all they did but i know my youngest was going to be watching movies. Both got to wear their pjs to school. I am sure I will be hearing all about when they get home.

Jess1231
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Aww cute! Ds couldn't stop talking about it when he got home!!

Quoting menmy2lilmen:

Yep they did. I am not sure all they did but i know my youngest was going to be watching movies. Both got to wear their pjs to school. I am sure I will be hearing all about when they get home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieSH
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM

My daughter is 5 and in pre-school.  They had a pj day at school and were served breakfast and read Dr. Suess books.  My 8 year old didn't mention anything going on at his school.

jandmterry
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM
Our school is having their Dr. Suess day on Friday. They will wear pjs to school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM

I don't know.  My son is still in class.

Normally, the district had green eggs and ham for breakfast, but I checked last night and it's not on the menu for some reason this year. 

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Yep, every year.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Jess1231
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM
We did green eggs & ham in kind. It was so fun!

Quoting Barabell:

I don't know.  My son is still in class.

Normally, the district had green eggs and ham for breakfast, but I checked last night and it's not on the menu for some reason this year. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybug77
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM

No they are out of school until the 24th, plus they are on the old side. I am not sure if my preschooler did or not today

Rychelle
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM

yes.. they colored Dr Suess work sheets and took turns reading his books aloud in class. and tomorrow night they have a Dr S pajama party. the teachers put on a little play and they all read Dr S books and have snacks and stuff. its really cute.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Our school is celebrating all week long.  It is Read Across America Week and they have been having silly dress up days all week.  There will be a movie during the lunches on Friday, it will vary by grade. And there is a big PTA sponsored party on Friday evening that is centered around reading and Dr Seuss in general.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)