Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO YOU TRY ON CLOTHES BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
  • 34 Replies

A FRIEND OF MINE IS 219 POUNDS .SHE GOES SHOPPING BUT DONT TRY ON THE CLOTHES . SHE BYES TWO OF THE SAME THING BECAUSE SHE KNOIWS HER SIZE.AND THE CLOTHES SHE BYES ARE NOT HER SIZE. I ASK HER WHY DONT SHE TRY THEM ON BEFORE SHE BUYS THEM SHE SAYS SHE DOESN'T LIKE TO.AND NEVER DOES.

I ALWAYS TRY CLOTHES ON . AM I THE ONLY ONE.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM

My sister is a BIG girl and refuses to try on clothes in a store.

Me - I really don't want to have to schlep back to the store to return something that doesn't fit so yep, I try them on - except shirts (they always fit)

momk23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I always try on, unless I'm in a big hurry and I really want it and I'm pretty sure it will fit.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I always try them on first.  Saves trips back to return things that don't fit or look awful once you put them on.

When on Earth would she buy clothes that aren't her size?  That makes no sense to me.  Or did I read that wrong?

Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Yes, I always try clothes on.  Every manufacturer seems to make their sizes a little different.  Plus, I have a large chest and a large butt, and so not all clothes fit me the same...  Like I usually cannot buy button up shirts because the fabric pulls too much apart in the chest.

smo210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

SHE IS IN THE PROCESS OF LOSING WEIGHT .SHE THINKS ITS MELTING  AWAY FAST BUT ITS NOT SO THE CLOTHES FITS HER SHE SAYS.

menmy2lilmen

Most of the time I do. If I am just getting a shirt then no but pants and dresses I do. That is the only draw back of shopping online.

KME3
Uh huh....i try on clothes, bras, bathing suits...i don't want to have to return them and depending on the brand my size can fluctuate 3 sizes iup or down...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIMIBRIE
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Sometimes I do.. But I usually shop at the same stores and know what sizes I wear there. Now that I am pregnant I dont try anything on..
Jess1231
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM
I have to try them on because stuff fits me so differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smo210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM

BY THE WAY SHE DONT RETURN THE ONES THAT DONT FIT.I DONT KNOW WHAT SHE DOES WITH THEM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)