Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is religion important at your house?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM
  • 18 Replies
Are you actively involved in your particular faith or religion at your house? Do you only celebrate certain holidays or is it a way of life for your family? Tell us a little bit about what kind of role your faith plays in your life and household.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairybaby55
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Yes it is important... we pray before we eat dinner together as a family and before we go to bed and we try to go to church almost every sunday but hubby works sundays also so sometimes we miss it.  But anyway yes, very important..... 

janitablue
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Religion does not play a important role in my house. Since my mother passing I learned to lean on God. I gain the strength to go on. I want my son to know about God and Jesus Christ.   I promise myself I will take my son to church only time will tell..............

mommas3cubs
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Are you actively involved in your particular faith or religion at your house?

Yes.

Do you only celebrate certain holidays or is it a way of life for your family?

It is a way of life for us.

Tell us a little bit about what kind of role your faith plays in your life and household.

Faith plays a big role in our family, every night we say a prayer before dinner, we go to Church every Sunday, The kids go to Sunday School, and Travis our oldest goes to Confirmation class. My husband is the Head of our house, and I am his helpmeet. It use to not be such a prominent part of our family and over the past year it has, Kael and Dylan Got baptised, all 3 of the boy had their first communion and so did my husband,and my husband also got confirmed all in the same day!I am also now in the Choir and bell choir and I think Travis our oldest son is going to play bells as well.

Oh and they go to Vacation bible school every Summer, Last year was Travis's first time vollenteering and he loved it.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Religion is NOT a big dela in our house.. My oldest attends bible class at school and asks questions about Jesus and the bible, I answer but we don't preach religion at them,, I will let my children decide what they want for themselves in that aspect!

Mari6443
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Religion is not important to us, but our faith is (yes, there IS a difference). We are christian. However we don't affiliate with any particular denomination. Faith is definitely essential, so it's a way of life for me and my family. We go through so much that we have to rely on God for EVERYTHING, no matter what. He is above ALL things!

friendlymom5
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Its a way of life in our house. We're Christian.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM

I didn't grow up going to church, and my husband had a bad experience with organized religion--so going to church is just not a priority in our house.  We're Christian, but no particular denomination.  We'll discuss religion with our son, but we make it clear that he's free to form his own beliefs also.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Religion is very important in my house.  It is a normal part of our way of life.  We attend church every Sunday and I am actively invoved with the running our our church and teach religious education.  For holidays, my boys know both the secular and religious meanings behind them.  Even the smaller holidays like St. Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's day, they know the religious meaning behind the holiday.

Jess1231
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM
No it's not big in our household
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM

No, we are Agnostic and maintain a secular home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)