Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tech & tweens/teens: Which is more worrisome?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Tech & tweens/teens: Which is more worrisome?

Options:

Sexting, IMing, cell phone addiction

Facebook & social media addiction (and yes, depression!)

All of It!

Other(explain please)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Both of the ideas of depression and sexting from my child scare me! 

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Both of the ideas of depression and sexting from my child scare me! 

Same here.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM

I'm honestly not losing any sleep over any of it and don't think that I will any time soon.  I would like to think that I have raised my boys to be good citizens and to not do things like sexting.  I'm not sure where depression comes in with social networking.  We certainly don't have a rash of depressed moms around here, do we?

lovinmymason
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

kids are scary creatures and with the social media it truly is scary when it does to people.  Heck I am addicted to them and I am an adult.

soymujer
by Mikki on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I think all of it is a worry.  As a teacher, I have to take away student's phones because they "have" to answer that text or what not, they talk about facebook a lot.  I hope my kids don't fall into the sexting craze even when I know I have taught them right.

family in the van   Mom of four

Jess1231
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:29 PM
All of it, plus the fact alot of parents don't monitor those things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess1231
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM
I think it's streaming from virtual bullying

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm honestly not losing any sleep over any of it and don't think that I will any time soon.  I would like to think that I have raised my boys to be good citizens and to not do things like sexting.  I'm not sure where depression comes in with social networking.  We certainly don't have a rash of depressed moms around here, do we?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I added this article that I just came across HERE that talks about social networking and depression in tween & teens.  It's not a bad read....

Quoting steelcrazy:

natesmom1228
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I saw a report about this very topic this morning on The Today's Show. It was interesting to see how the two worlds (tech and depression) are becoming intermixed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)