Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you pull your kids out of school for family vacations?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:58 PM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you pull your kids out of school for family vacations?

Options:

Yes, sometime you just have to

No, we schedule family vacations around school breaks

It depends. I'll share in the comments

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I usually don't, but this yr I am pulling them for the last two days, which were added due to snow days. We are heading to Disney.. WOOHOOO!

soontobemommie3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM
No. We schedule around school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I usually don't, but I voted "yes" because I have.  Sometimes it just works out that way.  I have never pulled my son out during a buys part of the year though...  It's usually right before Thanksgiving or during field trips or things like that.

scoutfamilyof7
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Yes because my dh is usually come home from deployments when they still have lots of school left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrzbarnes09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Maybe a day early if we're going out of town.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I would have said NO, except for one instance.  My brother got married a little more than a year ago in another state that is nearly 1,000 miles away.  My boys were in the wedding party, so they had to be there for the rehearsal late Friday afternoon.  There was no way around them missing some school.  We got the work that they were going to miss and they had it all completed upon their return to school.

fairybaby55
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM

We haven't in a couple yrs but this yr we are going to because it's the time hubby can get off work.  It isn't til May anyway so they aren't doing much then.

Flaca43
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Quoting soontobemommie3:

No. We schedule around school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom32510
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:42 PM
No we schedule around school. The main reason is that the district is EXTREMELY strict and I. Order to miss just three consecutive days with an unexcused absence you have to jump through all kinds of hoops! That being said there is a possibility the district will be making up three snow days during spring break and we have paid for our vacation already so we will be jumping through said hoops if need be this year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rychelle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:24 PM

not normally.. but in September we will be.. they will miss 4 days at he end of the month.. Jordan will be in 2nd grade and Caden will be in PreK. we are taking them to Disney World and it is the only week that we are able to do it.. we went back and forth about it, but decided to just do it. the school is good about family vacations, he is in the gifted program so he doesnt struggle in school at all and never misses school for anything expect if hes occasionally gotten sick. so we are doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)