Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a GOOD reason to stop having kids!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

I am on my fourth round (4th kid) with the same slow, boring reading curriculum from the school. If I have to hear a story about a dog named Sad Sam one more time... I know I have finally lost it completely, because now I daydream about running over Sad Sam with my car, that way they can't write any more books about him.

I know, I know, time to be committed right?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommas3cubs
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Lmao.

heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM

HA HA!  We are on round 3 of sight words, one more round to go.

If I hear Brown Bear Brown Bear one more time, I may just hunt down brown bear and make burgers out of him!

summerbear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM

OMG!!! I agree 1000% I love that those books get my girls into reading, but they can't they mix it up every so often, for the parents sake???

Jess1231
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM

hhahahahahaa i hated hated HATED those books lol when I did volunteer work at a school I made those books (printed them cut them folded them stuck em together.... man even I hate me for that

mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:17 PM
I don't think my daughter ever had these but she was reading Harry Potter in second grade and more mild chapter books in kindergarden.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Ohh gosh! I am not the only one that wants to drive over Sad Sam. I am so relieved. I am on the 3rd kid with him as well. This week he was put into a much higher reading class and brought home a book I have never heard.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

BTW it is time to be committed when you name your dog Sad Sam, lol.

menmy2lilmen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I am on my first round of books and already hate them. Today is was A  Bug Hunt and before that Pink Milk I think. The rhymes they put in them get stuck in my head. I am not looking forward to repeating this next year.

lovinmymason
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM
Hahahaha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)