Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emergency!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM
  • 78 Replies

When is the last time you used the Emergency Room? What was it for (if that's not too personal)?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orcadarwin
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I had to take my 6 year old son in to the ER because he spilled hot chocolate in his lap.  He had second degree burns between his legs.  Just barely missed his penis.

menmy2lilmen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I have not been in a long time but I was just there with Joey twice in a week an a half.

First time: Double ear  infection

Second time: His brick to the face incident.

Oh and in Feb we had to take Derek. He fell at school and bruised his wind pipe. If our dr is not in we have to go there. Our insurance is not accepted at the urgent care.

soymujer
by Mikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM

It has been a while since I've been to the ER.  The last time I can remember was when...hmm, I can't even remember when...We have taken our daughter to urgent care when she was four for her broken arm...

family in the van   Mom of four

kdgord
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM
The last time we used the ER was when I was in labor with my youngest. The ER is where they have us go into the hospital and triage does the paperwork, then they call an l&d nursr down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bupkie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:33 AM

The worst case of food poisoning I've ever had (Thanks Olive Garden!)  Every 10 minutes for hours and hours..  until I couldn't even lift my head or sit up--- never mind walk!   IT was gruesome!    

Sorry, TMI... but you asked....   

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***

KimberlyMKasten
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

it was in the summer of 2008. I was having these constant pains in my stomach...I was having them for like a month..and the did not get better. I couldn't eat, sleep, walk, move...everything hurt. I finally went into and they never did figure out what was wrong with me....and my bill ended up being $15,000...I went 3 times that summer.

travellingmom20
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM

We were there a couple months ago with our son. He was 19 months at the time and was playing on the couch with his sister. He fell off and hurt his elbow. He wouldn't quit crying and we checked everywhere and couldn't find a mark. A little bit later we noticed he wouldn't use his right arm so we were afraid he might have broken it and we just couldn't see anything. Took him in and after X-rays they said it wasn't broken, but were worried it might be dislocated. The dr tried popping it back into place, but it wouldn't "pop" so he determined he'd just sprained it. Sent us home with a sling and some pain meds. He only used the pain meds that night (it was a long, rough night) and then didn't need them anymore. He refused to wear the sling... lol. He was back to normal and using it again in a couple days.  Our couch even sits pretty low to the ground so we were surprised he did that. The dr said dislocated elbows were really common and happened very easily. I'd never heard of that happening before though. He said it mostly happens when you swing your child between 2 people as lots of parents (or anyone) does sometimes so they see it often.

nellyb118
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM
It's been a really long time,I think it was when DS was about 2 years old(6 now) and I walked into the room just in time to see him jump off his bed & hit his head a chair.
I freaked out because he didn't really cry and was very drowsy. He ended up getting a cat scan & it was a concussion. That was the end of his daredevil days!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM

When my oldest was hit in the middle of his face by my youngest(w/ a shirt folder thing) and he had to have stitches. Which was a few months ago.

TipToe19
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM

For me, 8 years ago; I was 6 months pregnant and having horrible cramps. For DD, last February; she had a stomach virus and couldn't keep anything down... including water. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)