Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its done

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 11 Replies

My vegetable garden that is. We planted several kinds of peppers, hot and sweet, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, broccoli, red lettuce, Romain lettuce, some herbs and onions. I still need to plant the watermelon and the pumpkins are going in at my moms.

Do you plant a garden? What do you plant? Any tips for new comers to gardening?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StephanieSH
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM

It looks fabulous.  I wish we had space in our small yard for a garden.  I want to try container gardening but it costs more up front because you have to invest in the large containers.

jen113000
by Jenna on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM

That looks great!!!!

Cherish77
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM

we are trying to do sunflowers, I also have Rosemary, and lavender, I think my sunflower is dead, dd ovewatered it.

auroragold
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love gardening season

insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:17 PM
My oldest son whose 11 is the gardener of the family. Every yr he plants a huge garden with every kind of plant imaginable. He also tends to it pulling weeds watering it and putting miracle grow on it. I dont know where he got it from cuz neither hubby or myself are much into gardening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I've done a few veggie plants mixed in with my flowers in the past.  This year though, we are doing a nice sized veggie garden in an area that usually has flowers.  The boys want to grow some, so that's what we'll do.  We can't plant here for another month though.

Jess1231
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Awesome! My grandfather always had a huge garden I would help him with!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I am thinking of doing the Topsy turvy for tomatoes and strawberries on my porch and maybe a few pepper plants in the flower garden in front of the porch. If I can talk DF into getting the back yard in shape, I have a small square patch of dirt we can turn into a small garden for the boys to plant whatever.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I'm not much of a gardener, but did have 2 tomato plants in containers last yr. Dh feel in love w/ making his own salsa w/ the tomatoes, so I think we'll be planting those again.

jaytee
by Jen on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Sweet!

I wish I had a green thumb. I can't even keep flowers in the hanging baskets alive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)