Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is driving me crazy

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

She is only six and we had to take her lock off her door because she locked herself in her room because I told her to go in their until supper was ready because she was being just horriable to her brother. So she threw a royal fit and started screaming at the top of her lungs I don't love you mom, I won't listen to you, Your stupid mom and so and so on. When I went to deal with it she shut the door and locked it. So I had my dad come take the lock off and she is grounded to her room. So she comes home and throws another because she can't go outside. This is an on going problem every little thing sets her in to crying or a full out fit it's like living with an emotional time bomb help.   

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Have you asked her why she is acting that way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

she says because you make me mad or sad whichever situation fits at the time

by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Wow!  She sounds like she needs to be put in her place and right quick too.  Has she always behaved this way?  If not, what has changed in her life recently?  Behavior this drastic usually has a cause.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Work on appropriate ways to show she is mad or sad. Talk about them when she is calm. Then practice them and above all, model them. Some things to do when the mads won't go away:

Talk to someone about the feelings that make you feel bad.

Draw lots of pictures about what makes you angry. Make big, colorful drawings and make made noises when you draw. Put your pictures in the freezer or refrigerator to cool off those mads.

Pound on clay or pillows. Let those mads run down your fists and into the pillow.

Dig a hole (real or pretend) and put those mads in the hole. Then cover them up and stomp on them.

Put your angry feelings in soap bubbles and let them blow away

Act out the story of your mads with your toys

Get permission to tear up an old magazine. Rip each page out and make "big mad noises". Then throw those mad feelings away by putting the pages in the trash.

You need to be consistant (I hate that word) about discipline and don't let bad behavior go because you feel you can't deal with it right then. I don't know that you do that but one inconsistancy can have the kids pulling the tantrum slot machine lever for weeks. I know this from experience LOL.  Is there something new that has happened in her life to upset her and cause her behavior to change? Anything can be the culprit and even if you can't change it back, it helps knowing what is causing the behavior because it makes it easier for you to be sympathetic or at least stop taking such behavior personally. Of course with girls, sometimes it can be that they are just dramatic but hormones shouldn't be a problem at 6, hopefully. Hey I not only removed a lock but have taken off the whole door before so no biggie. Hang in there!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Bleumonster has some awesome ideas I might try some too! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)