Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever run out of gas while driving?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM
  • 37 Replies

Have you ever run out of gas? Was it a big deal or nothing major? What did you do?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Nope - come pretty darn close though

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:33 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Yes, thankfully I was in my drive way and wehave a gas can that my SO went and filled up!

Jess1231
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:27 AM
No, I don't let it get low
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvcats406
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Yes, it did happen to me once in colllege.  I was coming home from my job at 11:30 at night.  It just died and I pulled it to the side of the road.  I had on high heels and it was February.  I was cold!  I got out of the car and started to walk to the gas station up the street.  A woman pulled over and I thought since it was a woman, I would get in with her.  I realize now what I did was probably not a wise choice, but I was desparate!  She drove me home and my father and I went back to the car and put gas in it. 

menmy2lilmen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Yep! I ran to blockbuster and ran out in their parking lot. My gas gage had stopped working and I did not know it. Had to wait for dh to drive 30mins from work to bring me some.

hepmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM
I had a rental car once that indicated I had a quarter tank left. It started sputtering on me and I just happened to be near a station. I rolled in in fumes, put a few dollars worth in, and promptly drove it back ti the rental place and demanded a different car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Never...although I have pulled into the gas station "on fumes".

crazytexan
by Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:52 AM

No, but I've been with my sister when she did, twice. It's a pain in the a**. We had to call some one to bring us a gas can with enough gas to get to a station. For that reason, I never let it get low enough for that to be a possibility.

SCmomof3girls
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I ran out of gas one time right as I was pulling into the gas station. Talk about luck lol!  I was following a friend of mine somewhere once when she ran out. She made it to the side of the road and then we just ran to W/M to get a gascan and then gas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)