Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your Easter Family Traditions? What role does the Easter Bunny play?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:18 AM
  • 4 Replies

Much like Santa at Christmastime each family has their own unique version of the role that the Easter Bunny plays in the family traditions.  My husband grew up with the Easter Bunny bringing the eggs already colored, and filling the basket with fruit and toys!  I grew up coloring the eggs with my parents, and the bunny hid them for us to find and we got a basket of candy. :)

We've kind of merged the two together and we color eggs with our kids, leave the eggs out for the bunny to hide, and the baskets are filled with a mixture of a little candy, a little fruit, and maybe a movie or one toy/game.

We eat breakfast together as a family, hunt for eggs, and then relax for most of the day together!  

How do you handle the Bunny's role?

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM

holding easter egg

AmyG1976
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM

we color hard boiled eggs then eat them thoughout the week (my kids LOVE plain yucky hard boiled eggs-so do the dogs lol) the bunny brings plastic eggs to hide ( dh would die if eggs were left out lol not that he eats them but ya know) the bunny puts a choco bunny and some small candies in the baskets (we put out the basket same one every year) and some sort of toy or whatever and an outfit.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM

We color eggs, put them in the fridge, and when the kids come down in the a.m., they find the Easter Bunny has moved them into their baskets. EB also puts some candy in the baskets, leaves each 1 or 2 small toys, and hides foil-wrapped chocolate eggs. And I know how many eggs have been hidden b/c "the EB sends me a private message" : )

After the kids have found the chocolate eggs and we've had breakfast, we go to 12:30 p.m. Mass. After that, it's a do-whatever day. We have a ham dinner.

Jess1231
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Easter bunny brings a basket of goodies. We hard boil and color eggs, some we hide and the rest we eat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)