Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Suggestions?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM
  • 13 Replies

This afternoon, my parents are coming over to babysit my 4 yr old and 16 months old while I take my 6 yr old out for some one on one time with me. The only thing is I don't know what we are going to do yet, do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
menmy2lilmen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Well that depends on what you have in your area to do. When I take out my boys we go out to eat. They love Pizza Hut or McDonald's and I let them pick. We then head to the park or with my oldest we have gone and seen a movie together. When we lived in FL we use to go to the beach.

Sometimes just the eating out with mommy is good enough. They think they are so big and important.

chenra
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Is your 6 year old a girl or boy?  If girl, you could find a salon that takes walk-ins and both get your hair done or if they do pedicures, even better!  :o)  My 9 year old daughter and I got pedicures together.  She LOVED it and can't wait to do it again.  You could go out for ice cream, or just go to a park and play.  If your child is a boy, going out for ice cream or the park would work....my 6 year old son LOVES going to the park!  Hope these suggestions help.  :o)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Something fun like minigolf, an arcade, the park . . .

JessMomToDLA
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM

He's a boy, Thanks

Quoting chenra:

Is your 6 year old a girl or boy?  If girl, you could find a salon that takes walk-ins and both get your hair done or if they do pedicures, even better!  :o)  My 9 year old daughter and I got pedicures together.  She LOVED it and can't wait to do it again.  You could go out for ice cream, or just go to a park and play.  If your child is a boy, going out for ice cream or the park would work....my 6 year old son LOVES going to the park!  Hope these suggestions help.  :o)

Jess1231
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Park, ice cream, fly a kite. Are there any of those bounce house places near you? My son loves those!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Well whatever you do I am sure he will enjoy the one on one time. Maybe if you ask him, he can give you some suggestions.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Something fun like minigolf, an arcade, the park . . .

Mine love that. Bu then again, they are simple kids and enjoy the park. DF does a guys day out with them. They hit the cheap movie theater, go out to eat and hit up the park to play some kind of ball.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM

So true!

Quoting menmy2lilmen:

Well that depends on what you have in your area to do. When I take out my boys we go out to eat. They love Pizza Hut or McDonald's and I let them pick. We then head to the park or with my oldest we have gone and seen a movie together. When we lived in FL we use to go to the beach.

Sometimes just the eating out with mommy is good enough. They think they are so big and important.

JessMomToDLA
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up taking him to McDonalds for lunch than we went to the movies to see Rio. On the way home we stopped at the park and went for a nice walk.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I'm glad to hear that you had a nice day with your son.  It's not always about what we do with them, but rather the time that we spend with them and only them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)