Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Gray Spot on Tooth?

Posted by on May. 8, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Max
  • 12 Replies

So last night when I was brushing his teeth I noticed Nate has a little gray spot in one of his eye teeth. He went to the dentist last year and he looked and said everything looked good. He goes again in July for a full exam. Should I get him in sooner? It's a baby tooth.

We're not awesome with the tooth brushing, but we're petty good. I wouldn't expect him to have a cavity already.  He's almost 4.

by on May. 8, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on May. 8, 2011 at 9:55 PM

My dd has 4 small cavities and 4 possible. She is 4 eyars old and we brush, floss and do mouthwash. On top of that we go every siz months for a cleaning.

My family and dh's has weak teeth so we are more prone to cavities. I would not rule that out. He shoudl beseeing the dentist every six months for a check up so I woud take him in.  

Outnumbered but not afraid

MsDean 2011

Heather_the_Mom
by on May. 8, 2011 at 9:56 PM

could he have hit it?  My daughter (2.5) hit hers and it damaged the nerve, which in turn is turning her tooth grey.

MsDean
by on May. 8, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Maybe I read the pst wrong. Was it late last year you took him? If so and July is 6 months I would wait until then to go.

goddess99
by Michelle on May. 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Since it's a baby tooth and if it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry about it.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 8, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Quoting Heather_the_Mom:

could he have hit it?  My daughter (2.5) hit hers and it damaged the nerve, which in turn is turning her tooth grey.

I don't think so. If he did it was nothing very memorable.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 8, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Quoting MsDean:

Maybe I read the pst wrong. Was it late last year you took him? If so and July is 6 months I would wait until then to go.

He goes with me for my cleaning every six months. The dentist looks in his mouth just to check things out and get him comfortable with the whole process. His first official exam isn't until July.

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 8, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Does it seem to hurt him? I would call the dentist and see what they suggest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
igot2crazyboys
by on May. 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM

my son had a loose tooth, then during thanksgiving last yr. the collided with his cousin on the trampoline. his tooth got even looser and turned gray. i took him to the dentist and they did an xray. they said it turned gray because of the trauma. and that everything was ok. the adult teeth was there and waiting to come down. i finally had to take him back to the dentist 2 months later because he still had not lost the tooth. they wiggled it for a bit and it came on out.

mama2jarednrae
by on May. 9, 2011 at 6:21 AM

My soon to be 3 yr old has a gray front tooth after hitting her mouth.  Could be a dead nerve.

Lindseyh911
by on May. 9, 2011 at 6:54 AM

If it's just a spot and it doesn't hurt I would just keep an eye on it and take him in July.  If it's his whole tooth that is gray or if it's hurting him I would schedule an appointment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)