Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car safety

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM
  • 9 Replies

I can't copy and paste to post the link, but there is an article on the stir right now. 

A mom was driving her son and they were hit by another vehicle. The impact caused the boys sippy cup to go flying. The impact and force of the flying cup was so great, it basically scalped the little boy.  Check The Stir for the article.

Do you think about these kinds of things? I know I am guilty of having a ton of lose crap in the car. I recently cleaned it out and after reading this article, I will do my best to keep all that stuff out of the car.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
endurablemist
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I have thought about it. I saw a video about things flying around in an accident. But there are still loose objects in the car. I am going to show DF the article, maybe he will stop giving the baby her bottle to hold in the car.

natesmom1228
by on May. 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I have never thought about it. I have a bunch of crap in my car. Mostly papers, but I really need to clean it out. I usually clean it out once a week, but with the rain and being cold, I have been lazy.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Wow, that's crazy.

Kris_PBG
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Yes - projectiles are a valid concern in the car.

I admit, I can be bad at keeping up with it though..  Mostly what stays in the car are some of the papers that the kids bring home - but sometimes I will realize a heavier toy has remained in the car....

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:24 AM
That is horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Never thought about it. I don't have much little stuff in my car, but I better figure out a way to secure the bigger stuff I keep in my car.

justanotherjen
by on May. 22, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I don't worry about it.  I can't worry about every tiny little thing that might hurt someone.  We have a pick up.  There isn't a lot of space and if it's raining we can't put stuff in the bed so stuff gets piled inside (especially when we go grocery shopping).  I've gone 34 years without ever being in an accident.  It's an acceptable risk for me.

Jazzdoll
by on May. 22, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I was hit back in college at a relatively slow speed and remember things going flying.  I've always kept the interior of my car empty since and strap my purse in whenever feasible.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on May. 22, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I honestly never really thought about it before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)