Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you or your kid(s) bilingual?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:50 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Are you or your kid(s) bilingual?

Options:

Si! Da! Oui!

Just one of us

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:59 AM

My son is bilingual, but my husband and I are not.

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:20 PM

No - I wish!  LOL!  But neither dh or I speak another language.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Depends on what you consider another language.  I'm fluent in Pittsburghese and Redneck.  I can also speak a little bit of German and French.  Hubby speaks idiot very well. lol

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

Depends on what you consider another language.  I'm fluent in Pittsburghese and Redneck.  I can also speak a little bit of German and French.  Hubby speaks idiot very well. lol

So does my husband!! They must have gone to the same language immersion program.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I know enough Spanish to get most of a conversation. But I won't actually speak it because I know I'm terrible. The translator at school always laughs at me because I don't really need what the other person is saying translated, just my answers. She's constantly trying to get me to speak in Spanish and I won't because I can't bear to butcher it.  

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting steelcrazy:

So does my husband!! They must have gone to the same language immersion program.

Shot, do you think that's what my son is really learning at his immersion school? Crap!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM

BUMP!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Shot, do you think that's what my son is really learning at his immersion school? Crap!

and you thought it was Spanish... SMH

DakotaRose
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM

My girls and I are all learning our ancestral languages. We are working on Norwegian right now, then we will move on to German, And Gaelic. After that we will see what one we want to learn next.

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:08 PM

No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)