• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your best MomGuyver moment?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

I spotted this blog post yesterday and the title was definitely a must-click for me.  But then when I read the post I thought ppfft, is that all you got mom?  A hand dryer to dry up a potty accident?  Been there, done that!  But as they say necessity IS the mother of invention and as a mom we all have a little MacGuyver in us don't we?  What's your best or worst (depending on how you look at things) Mom-Guyver moment?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Okay, I shall share one.

We were on our LAST diaper. and getting ready to head to the store. And one of the snaps ripped, so I grabed the duct tape and fixed it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM

When my youngest was a toddler, he like to remove his clothing and his diaper just for the sport of it.  I eventually wised up and duct taped him into his diaper at night and any time that I didn't want him to get nekkid without warning.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I've used a 2 gallon water just as a booster seat at a picnic table on more than one occasion.  It works very nicely. 

I've also used a few bungee cords to hang my infant's carrier from a sturdy tree branch to make a swing while camping.  You get really creative while camping with an infant.

Another camping one.  A 5 gallon bucket with one of those toilet seats for toddlers makes a great spur of the moment potty.

I'll go think of some more, cause you know that I got them.

hepmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM
When holly was just three months old, we were traveling. She was screaming hungry. We were using the Avent equivalent of the playtex drop ins. I could not find the liners ANYWHERE. I turned the car inside out looking for those liners so I could feed my baby. I couldn't find them but I did find a gallon size ziploc bag that I'd stashed in the diaper bag for dirty clothes. It hadn't been used, so I used it as the bottle liner. : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Last summer when Nate was 2 he was fully potty trained but still at the stage that he didn't give much notice when he had to go. We were in the changing room at the splash park at the zoo and it hit him. He wanted to pee in the trash. There was no way I could let him, but I knew he wouldn't make it. I realized we had a left over diaper in the bag. So he peed in the diaper. I was so glad I thought of it.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Wow ladies! I don't remember if I have ever been THAT quick to think on the fly. Great stories. Keep em coming!

Cindy18
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Wow great stories! I love the carrier and bungee cords as a swing!!

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I don't know if this is really in the same category or "momguyver", but all my mom friends call me "Agent 99" because of all the strange things I can pull out of my purse at any given moment. Like one time my GF's 3yo son was throwing a fit because he wanted his flashlight to play with while we were at Dance class with our DD's and my GF didn't bring it with her, so I pulled one out of my purse. No idea why I had a flashlight in my purse but I did and it shut him up. Another time at dance class my friends DD was having trouble with her math HW and needed a scientific calculator. Yup, I had one in my purse. Last week at a picnic someone brought their dog and was showing off some dog tricks to the kids, but one trick the dog will only do if he has a doggy cookie. My friends son's came to me and said "I need a cookie for the doggy's trick". Somehow I even had one of them in my purse LOL! Now whenever my friends kids want some obscure object they all tell them to go ask "Agent 99" and strangely enough I usually have what they want in my purse. Either I'm really weird, or I need to clean out my purse more often!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:52 PM

It's pretty impressive what you've kept in your purse. How big is it? LOL

Quoting JC2223:

I don't know if this is really in the same category or "momguyver", but all my mom friends call me "Agent 99" because of all the strange things I can pull out of my purse at any given moment. Like one time my GF's 3yo son was throwing a fit because he wanted his flashlight to play with while we were at Dance class with our DD's and my GF didn't bring it with her, so I pulled one out of my purse. No idea why I had a flashlight in my purse but I did and it shut him up. Another time at dance class my friends DD was having trouble with her math HW and needed a scientific calculator. Yup, I had one in my purse. Last week at a picnic someone brought their dog and was showing off some dog tricks to the kids, but one trick the dog will only do if he has a doggy cookie. My friends son's came to me and said "I need a cookie for the doggy's trick". Somehow I even had one of them in my purse LOL! Now whenever my friends kids want some obscure object they all tell them to go ask "Agent 99" and strangely enough I usually have what they want in my purse. Either I'm really weird, or I need to clean out my purse more often!

Iluvjandkplus8
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:59 PM
It sounds like you have Mary Poppins' bag...LOL!

Quoting JC2223:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)