Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your summer survival plan?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM
  • 19 Replies

With the end of school comes the end of routines that, for many of us, have held us all together during the year. What's your plan for your kids -- and you! -- surviving the summer? Do you do camp? (And how old is old enough to go to sleep-away camp for the first time anyway?) Do you lean toward structured activities, or do you play it day-by-day? Here are some ideas to get you started, and please share your tips and tricks for summer survival!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Taking them to parks,splashparks, beach, sprinkler, and movies. I will also being using hourly care a few times a week so I can get a break. My dh is deployed so it will be much needed lol. 

endurablemist
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:17 AM

June is pretty booked. She has bible school, and girl scout camp. Both day camps. She is 8 and we talked about her going to overnight camp, either girl scouts or church and decided maybe next year. She still isn't ready for that.

She is also going to New York for an overnight with her dad to her grandparents house, to watch her big sister graduate. And we have the baby's first birthday party!

We will also be doing library activities and going to the zoo, he beach (its actually a lake.) The 8 year old will be gone a lot, she has more of a social life than I do!

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Structured plans, lots of reading and activities that will get my kiddos to use up their energy! (i.e swimming)

hepmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Lots of time at the pool, vacation bible school, free summer movies with friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess1231
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:28 AM
We aren't doing much, I have them on a routine not a strict one but enough that they know what to expect at times. DS has been keeping himself busy with Legos and things during the day. He rides bikes or plays outside when daddy is home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda2391
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Were getting annual passes to sea world and busche gardens. Going to the beach one weekend, and when lego land.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I have a loose daily routine set up for them, it gives them the structure that they are used to.  We have a few camping trips planned, a vacation planned, and they will be going to day camp soon.  My oldest has tennis lessons twice a week during the summer and we'll be swimming pretty much daily.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM

My son has some structured activities scheduled, and the rest of the time he can do whatever he wants.

LovelyMommy26
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM

My kids are spending the summer with their daddy (court ordered) and I am going to Texas to spend the summer with my sister, nieces & nephews.  I am looking forward to it!!

CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Lots if swimming and outside time!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)