• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM
  • 7 Replies
My husbands cousin is 13 and this coming school year will be in 3rd grade. His sister whose 14 will be starting 9th. His aunt is a pos who really doesn't do well in the parenting department but that just seems way off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hepmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Um yeah. A 13 yo should be in 7th or 8th grade.

I would not want a 13 yo in my third grader's class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:26 AM

13 in 3rd grade? yeah, no. thats not right.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

13 in 3rd grade? yeah, no. thats not right.

Um, yeah, I agree. I'm surprised that someone hasn't stepped in yet to help that child out.

Wow.

HaileysMom07180
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I knew a boy that repeated 3rd grade 4 times because his mom did his homework for him (most of his grade was based on his tests)  The mom said she does his homework for him because he is autistic.  He is a very minor autistic (he does have some speech issues and attention issues) but he can definately function enough to do his own homework.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Oh and here's my new blog:

http://learning-it-all.blogspot.com/

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM

That's a pretty big problem. I dont' see how it was allowed. I don't know if it's a state rule or a federal one, but students can't attend public school once they turn 21. That's why retentions should be limited to a maximum of 2. A 13 year old in 3rd grade would turn 21 before they could graduate. That child needs to be moved up and given extra help.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

That's a pretty big problem. I dont' see how it was allowed. I don't know if it's a state rule or a federal one, but students can't attend public school once they turn 21. That's why retentions should be limited to a maximum of 2. A 13 year old in 3rd grade would turn 21 before they could graduate. That child needs to be moved up and given extra help.

family in the van   Mom of four

MamaSulli2005
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Holy cow! yeah that's not right!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)