• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your CM pet peeve?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Max
  • 43 Replies

I hate it when someone bumps their own because no one is replying. When I open a post and the first five replies are bumps from the op I don't even read it. Have some patience!

What do people do on CM that annoys you?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hepmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I hate when people can't be bothered to check (read: proofread) the written communication they've submitted.  Sometimes, a member submits a serious question or statement, but I can't get through it because it's in text-speak, has unintelligible misspellings, or is one big, long sentence.  My brain just turns off and goes to another post because I don't feel like decoding a secret message to offer advice or support.

jennbec1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:29 AM

The responses with no punctuation. If it is difficult to read, I'm not going to read it. Oh...and the light font color. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM

All of the above.  As well as any really bright font color, the ones that practically glow.  They hurt my old eyes.

jennbec1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Yep.

Quoting steelcrazy:

All of the above.  As well as any really bright font color, the ones that practically glow.  They hurt my old eyes.

menmy2lilmen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I will agree with the above.

Oh, add people who post something they know will upset others and act like they never could have guessed it would. Then they get all self righteous about it.

Guess I am staying I hate purely drama post and queens.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I laugh at every post that says "I'm not trying to start to drama but..." Then they go to explain how anyone who disagrees with them is an ignorant moron.

Quoting menmy2lilmen:

Oh, add people who post something they know will upset others and act like they never could have guessed it would. Then they get all self righteous about it.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM

We used to have a member here who was all about drama.  Yet she swore up and down that she hated drama and that she would never ever go to NC because it was just so full of drama.  The funniest part is that almost every post of hers was so controversial that it would cause drama and she would get upset when people didn't agree with her and how she lived.  She was a very extreme type of person.  Every now and again I miss her and her hate of drama. lol

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I laugh at every post that says "I'm not trying to start to drama but..." Then they go to explain how anyone who disagrees with them is an ignorant moron.

Quoting menmy2lilmen:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Quoting hepmommy:

I hate when people can't be bothered to check (read: proofread) the written communication they've submitted.  Sometimes, a member submits a serious question or statement, but I can't get through it because it's in text-speak, has unintelligible misspellings, or is one big, long sentence.  My brain just turns off and goes to another post because I don't feel like decoding a secret message to offer advice or support.

It bothers me too because I know for some people that's the best they can do. As a teacher it really upsets me to see adults lacking basic skills they need.

Sometimes I get the impression it's just pure laziness. That really sucks.

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM

When they write a really long post and they won't use punctuation or grammer and they just keep going on and on and on making it so the post is really hard to read and oh don't forget when they write like they are 2 and use the funky spelling that I can't even imitate b/c i'm afraid it will kill brain cells to even adjust my writing to that style.

LOL!

Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

When they write a really long post and they won't use punctuation or grammer and they just keep going on and on and on making it so the post is really hard to read and oh don't forget when they write like they are 2 and use the funky spelling that I can't even imitate b/c i'm afraid it will kill brain cells to even adjust my writing to that style.

LOL!

LOL, was it hard for you to write that run-on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)