Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My "prom night" update

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM
  • 9 Replies

Because I just KNOW you all are wondering (*giggle*)

I looked just fine. Found that I had a pair spanx like panty things in the lingerie drawer and they kept things all nice and snug. So because of that, I decided to go with a slinky (not slutty) form fitting dress in turquoise and white.

Why go for the little black dress when everyone else would probably be in black (and they were)?

DD was in awe when I came out of the bathroom - she's never seen me dressed to go out.  MIL was nearly speechless as well. Guess I did a good job ;)

The evening was fancy schmancy. A few hundred people, drinks, tons of appetizers, live band, silent auction (high price items) and a raffle. Last year DH won an annual membership to a museum via the raffle - this year nothing.

The dinner menu was uber fancy - but tasted very good. I always chuckle at how things are plated at these functions; they're works of art....all just to get eaten!

One of the main speakers was the wife of Senator Ted Kennedy. She's been active with my husband's company - as was Senator Kennedy when he was alive.

Their theme was about a garden and the centerpieces were all varieties of potted herbs and garden implements.  Table favors were seed pots (made from biodegradable bamboo) with planting medium and seeds.

We ended up leaving around 10pm (just as the dancing got started) so that MIL didn't have to stay late.  Got home just before 11pm and DD was still wide awake and wound up.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jaytee
by Jen on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Sounds awesome! Do you have a pic of the dress you ended up wearing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I'm glad you had a wonderful time, and that you made your hubby's jaw drop. I know that's how it would work out :-)

Heather_the_Mom
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I want to see pics!!  I bet you looked Uber fabulous!

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I am so glad that you went with a slinky number and not black.  I'm sure you looked radiant. 

soymujer
by Mikki on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Quoting jaytee:

Sounds awesome! Do you have a pic of the dress you ended up wearing?

family in the van   Mom of four

natesmom1228
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I knew you would be your fab self.

CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM
Sounds perfect!!! No picture? :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bupkie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Great description!   Sounds like you were the belle of the ball!!!   Ohhhhhh, I love the mystique of it all... keepin' us guessing.... *giggle*   

Jess1231
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Glad it went so well!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)